Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Allford View Post
The Nationals are worth the trouble to race.

All I managed to do was finish 5th. Even that was thanks to two full course cautions followed by good restarts and the fact Cody isnt clear on where 3rd gear is.

I struggled with HP problems at first which we solved with an optispark and a new coil. Then I struggled to learn the track. It was not until the 22 lap of the final race that I got in to the 1:40s. I found it challenging to learn the track because there a several places you would rather not go off.

As always the CMC crowd was great. Kent Owens took time to show me videos of the line through one of the corners. Derick Wright gave me pointers on several corners which helped a bunch. Kent gave me a tranny bolt and water pump gaskets when I needed them. Joe Bogetich offered to send one of his crew to pick up parts for me. And the beer flowed freely at parties every night.

Yes it was a long tow, too much time, too much money, too small a field and a bit humbling. But it was a tough crowd to race with and I crave a challenge. I enjoyed myself and learned a bit of driving too. I encourage everyone to attend next year at Miller. Support the series, race against some talented drivers and enjoy an intensity level which is hard to match.

Dan Allford #82

Congratulations on your drive Dan !