Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New AI Driver Brian Cook

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I should be there very early Friday as I only live 45 mins from there.

Smokin' hot. See you at ECR.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacook View Post
    I was curious about that. The volume of friction material on this Cobra setup seems small compared to the job they need to do. I'll add spare pads to the kit.
    Brian,
    If it were me I would reconsider running the EBC Yellow pads.
    I ran them for about 5 events back 5 years ago and found they were "acceptable" (not optimal) for the lighter braking tracks but that on the heavy braking tracks they were terrible. Even at Cresson they would overheat after about 5 "race laps". We weren't racing at ECR back then but I'm sure they would not do well.
    We have run the EBC Yellow's on our LeMons Corolla for years and it works great on that light car but I'm afraid they could make your weekend unpleasant in the Mustang. I'd recommend the PFC01's but I also hear a lot of people like Carbotech and Hawk race pads, the EBC Yellow is not designed as a race pad.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Junior Member Rookie
    On earlier suggestions I ordered and installed a set of EBC Blues on the front. Even in testing at H2R the front yellows coated the wheels with dust and we were going light. I'll keep them as backups in case the blues give out. The rotors are well ducted so I'm reasonably confident I can keep rotor temp and thus fluid temp down. In the build I contemplated one of the fluid bleeder/recirculation systems but opted out. I also like the idea of retrofitting the Boss ABS and I did plumb all four circuits just in case. There's always something to experiment with.
    Brian Cook
    AI #80 1970 Mustang
    Round Rock, TX
    “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.” ― Jeremy Clarkson

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    The heavy dusting is from the initial coating specific to the EBC yellows. Not to say it couldn't be from excessive wear but I know the first session out always puts off lots of dust from those pads.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by Bacook View Post
    On earlier suggestions I ordered and installed a set of EBC Blues on the front. Even in testing at H2R the front yellows coated the wheels with dust and we were going light. I'll keep them as backups in case the blues give out. The rotors are well ducted so I'm reasonably confident I can keep rotor temp and thus fluid temp down. In the build I contemplated one of the fluid bleeder/recirculation systems but opted out. I also like the idea of retrofitting the Boss ABS and I did plumb all four circuits just in case. There's always something to experiment with.
    All things considered, you should be fine on the blue pads. Just make sure you bed them in properly - they market a shorter bed-in but I followed the same for the blues as the pagids, PFCs and other pads I used. I ran the blue stuff several times in 2011 including the August TWS (with the FR500 ABS installed) and they did VERY well....wish I would have stuck with them for ECR