Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Trailer

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    No luck finding the trailer or the guy then?

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    they know who he is, and they know where he lives. Not sure when they are going to pick him up. Hopefully any day.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    They should be able to find him. The question is whether they will find the trailer.

I haven't researched trailer locks in a long time. Last time I looked I remember seeing some video of how easy most locks are broken with a pipe or pry bar. There are lojack type options for trailers too. I'm curious to hear what the insurance company does considering it was in a storage facility and not at your house. Well see how long my theory holds of having a dented up trailer as being less of a theft target than the rest of the trailers in the storage lot.

Hats off to you for still making the race and enjoying the weekend instead of sitting at home being ticked off. Same goes to Pranav-already shows me he is the kind of guy that will fit well in the group and he hasn't even raced with us yet but loans his trailer to Ole English.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I owe him ONE point by.
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro

Received a call today from Harris County Sheriffs Dept. They have identified the suspect, and built the case, and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges..what do yall say? Hell yes I told the officer.
    So a warrant is out for his arrest. His last whereabouts is in Louisiana. Says he is a refinery worker.
    Just can't trust folks in the oilfield. Folks in Cajun country, be on the lookout.
    Be sure to secure your trailer, and chamber one.
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Same goes to Pranav-already shows me he is the kind of guy that will fit well in the group and he hasn't even raced with us yet but loans his trailer to Ole English.
    Was hoping someone would point that out
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Received a call today from Harris County Sheriffs Dept. They have identified the suspect, and built the case, and wanted to know if I wanted to press charges..what do yall say? Hell yes I told the officer.
    So a warrant is out for his arrest. His last whereabouts is in Louisiana. Says he is a refinery worker.
    Just can't trust folks in the oilfield. Folks in Cajun country, be on the lookout.
    Be sure to secure your trailer, and chamber one.
    I say electrify the next one Randy...no sense wasting the ammo. So it took 3 months to build the case from the time they ID'd the thief? Guy must have multiple offenses and be a big dog or is the Sheriff's office just way understaffed?

Received call from Harris County DA, they have arrested the guy that stole my trailer. He is still in Texas. He wants to return the trailer for a plea bargain. The traileris now black, so you can imagine the quality of work.
    Since I have settled with the insurance company and ordered a new trailer, no need. Suggest they throw the book at him, but reality this joker will be back on the street.
    Keep your trailer secure.
    Thanks for all of your support.
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Received call from Harris County DA, they have arrested the guy that stole my trailer. He is still in Texas. He wants to return the trailer for a plea bargain. The traileris now black, so you can imagine the quality of work.
    Since I have settled with the insurance company and ordered a new trailer, no need. Suggest they throw the book at him, but reality this joker will be back on the street.
    Keep your trailer secure.
    Thanks for all of your support.
    So the trailer is for sale?!
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Glad they finally got him. The idiot needs to sit in jail for a while.