Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunder from Down Under! May 2013 @ COTA

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I'm assuming that TicketMaster will have the line on these tickets, as they are handling the F1 tickets... However, I can't find any info on advanced tickets, or when they will go on sale.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? General admission with a pit pass might be the best idea if they offer that... Not tied to a seat and having the ability to slum with a bunch of 4-door saloon cars... should be lots of fun!
    Emails from them say they go on sale this Tuesday.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/cot...m_medium=email

Do we want to do general admission ($69) so we can move around?
    Last edited by marshall_mosty; 10-16-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Shorter track than F1. Lots of GA locations. Would seem quite a bit of good viewing spots. It seems COTA has quite a bit of elevation changes so finding a spot on the high side of a hill may work out quite well (haven't seen it in person, only from the toll road). parking passes are $60, but that includes moto GP weekend.
    update: bought reserved tickets, section 15-11. row 13. you can cycle it through a few times to get some of the rows/seats you want if you know others assignments.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by y5e06; 10-16-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Dust Collector

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    General admission with a pit pass might be the best idea if they offer that...
    Re: Pit Pass - I attended the Supercar race in Sydney while on vacation several years ago. The garages were open to all; no pit pass needed. It was a little different as it was a street course, and the "garages" were sectioned off areas in a convention hall; not sure what it will be like at COTA. But I got close enough to take pictures like these:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My brother and I purchased MotoGP tickets yesterday. We bought the best they have. High up in turn one. $179.00 I think plus a $60.00 parking pass. I'm not going to the F1 race this year because I'm betting it's going to be a cluster ____ getting out of the place. I already have a guy letting us use his PSL tickets and parking pass for practice or Qual so I will get a taste and see about next year. Still on the fence on the Supercars but Moto GP, Moto2, and Moto3 (I think) will be the best to watch of all of them.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 10-18-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I already have a guy letting us use his PSL tickets and parking pass for practice or Qual so I will get a tast and see about next year.

JJ

I'm curious how the three day ticket stuff is going to work for the F1 race this year. I don't have tickets but I would love to go to at least Friday practice and check things out. I'm sure there are people that can't or don't want to go all three days...

Richard P.

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    I'm curious how the three day ticket stuff is going to work for the F1 race this year. I don't have tickets but I would love to go to at least Friday practice and check things out. I'm sure there are people that can't or don't want to go all three days...

Richard P.
    A friend of mine in Austin bought a ticket for Friday's practice from an online ticket scalping website; not sure which one. He paid $35. There will likely be a lot of people traveling in on Friday, who won't be using those tickets.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    When I went in 2010, they gave you three different badges. Each were good for that specific day. I had a 2-day pass (Qual/Race). You scanned your badge at the gate to get in.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    My brother and I purchased MotoGP tickets yesterday. We bought the best they have. High up in turn one. $179.00 I think plus a $60.00 parking pass. I'm not going to the F1 race this year because I'm betting it's going to be a cluster ____ getting out of the place. I already have a guy letting us use his PSL tickets and parking pass for practice or Qual so I will get a taste and see about next year. Still on the fence on the Supercars but Moto GP, Moto2, and Moto3 (I think) will be the best to watch of all of them.

JJ
    you know MotoGP is the same weekend as TWS next year, right?
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    you know MotoGP is the same weekend as TWS next year, right?
    Then I guess I will miss that race. I don't plan that far ahead for anything. But to answer your question.....no, I did not know that.

JJ