Thread: Need help with 1968 Ford 3-speed

Need help with 1968 Ford 3-speed

Having trouble getting the reverse gear off (well the hub for the syncro anyway). Short of getting really pissed off and going Hulk on it (well, OK, having Kyri go Hulk on it...I'm more of the Bruce Banner) I am out of ideas...

Left PM and vmail for BL but thought I might hit up the collective.

Heading out of town so no time to take pix but if you have any experience with these older tranny's or know someone who does let me know. Kyri has Tuesday off so hoping he can finish it up while I am gone if we can get the last gear off.

Sooner I get this done sooner I get to work on the race car

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony View Post
    Having trouble getting the reverse gear off (well the hub for the syncro anyway). Short of getting really pissed off and going Hulk on it (well, OK, having Kyri go Hulk on it...I'm more of the Bruce Banner) I am out of ideas...

Left PM and vmail for BL but thought I might hit up the collective.

Heading out of town so no time to take pix but if you have any experience with these older tranny's or know someone who does let me know. Kyri has Tuesday off so hoping he can finish it up while I am gone if we can get the last gear off.

Sooner I get this done sooner I get to work on the race car
    I'm sure BL knows about Tranny's Old and younger ones.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm sure BL knows about Tranny's Old and younger ones.

JJ
    Well he claims he does not know anything about older Tranny's ...my bad for asking...what people do in the privacy of their homes is none of my business.