Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CMC Drivers List 2005-2012

After hearing that from you two, and it sounding even more enticing, I just checked the map and learned it's much further than I'd thought. No clue what I was looking at before, but for some reason thought it was in Forth Worth. Just confirmed I'm way off and that it's 920 miles from my house and probably a 14 hour trip. Bummer. Will do better research next time before barking up the wrong tree. My bad.

Guess I'll just have to settle for racing with all of you at Hallett.

Hope everyone has good Christmas & New Years and a fun start to the 2013 season. Will see ya next June.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
    #36 98 Mustang
    Des Moines

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Eagle's Canyon & Motorsports Ranch Cresson are the two Ft-Worth area tracks and still worth considering
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    TWS is my favorite track of any that we run in Texas. TWS running clockwise is my second favorite track. Definintely worth the trip.
    All of you Aggies love TWS. You all are good on TWS, and tough to stay up with. Besides you get to sleep in your own bed. TWS is an excellent track, except in August.
    Old men need not apply.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Good to know. I'll check them out. Thanks.

btw: Heads up. The TWS home page is handing out viruses. When I clicked the link, my anti virus kicked in and gave me a long list. Then my IT department called right after and let me know. Fortunately my anti virus did it's job but the files were still in my internet temp folders and had to clear them. So, in addition to the heads up, also figured some of you might have some contacts there and may want to do em a favor and let them know.

Greg Hampton
    #36 98 Mustang
    Des Moines

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    After hearing that from you two, and it sounding even more enticing, I just checked the map and learned it's much further than I'd thought. No clue what I was looking at before, but for some reason thought it was in Forth Worth. Just confirmed I'm way off and that it's 920 miles from my house and probably a 14 hour trip. Bummer. Will do better research next time before barking up the wrong tree. My bad.

Guess I'll just have to settle for racing with all of you at Hallett.

Hope everyone has good Christmas & New Years and a fun start to the 2013 season. Will see ya next June.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
    #36 98 Mustang
    Des Moines
    You can come to MSRC (Ft. Worth) in March, then leave you car at my shop, and come down in April for TWS. Not sure if it's an option to leave your rig and fly, but the offer is there.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    You can come to MSRC (Ft. Worth) in March, then leave you car at my shop, and come down in April for TWS. Not sure if it's an option to leave your rig and fly, but the offer is there.
    Appreicate the offer and the hospitality. That approach would add one more event to my schedule that was not planned but also sounds fun and would cut costs (alot less towing). So definitely worth some thought. I'll PM you in Feb and let you know regardless.

Thanks

Greg Hampton
    #36 98 Mustang
    Central Region (Des Moines)

Dang! Not even an honorable mention to those that were the first ones to ever run CMC in Texas back in '03. I have an S197 that could possibly be considered (in the distant future) of sweeping the CMC championship and once again back to back. See you guys at MSR-H!
    2004 Camaro Mustang Challenge Champion
    2005 Camaro Mustang Challenge Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by evarner View Post
    Dang! Not even an honorable mention to those that were the first ones to ever run CMC in Texas back in '03. I have an S197 that could possibly be considered (in the distant future) of sweeping the CMC championship and once again back to back. See you guys at MSR-H!
    Crap, thats all we need...next Burch and Wirtz will follow just to even the score...

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Does that mean Todd Covini is coming as well??
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Does that mean Todd Covini is coming as well??
    Todd who?!
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"