Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 CMC rules are posted

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Linky to 2013 Changes

First, thanks to Al, Glenn, and the rest of the CMC Directors for giving their time so we can do this.

Will the S197 cars have engine reliability issues getting down to the new HP/TQ levels?
    I wouldn't doubt it. Choking those engine back 40 horses could be interesting. It'll be interesting to see how those guys view the tradeoff of getting back on big boy tires versus cutting back that much HP.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

RE: In defense of Stop Techs

They cost $2k BUT my pad usage is way down. And my rotor usage is zero. With stock stuff we were cracking rotors in 1 event and replacing them when they cracked to the edge every 3 weekends.

And they do stop better, even if you cant tell it when Im driving

Dan #82

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlingle View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it. Choking those engine back 40 horses could be interesting. It'll be interesting to see how those guys view the tradeoff of getting back on big boy tires versus cutting back that much HP.
    My LT1 was pulled back 50hp back inthe days of 230/300. The LS1 is pulled back 40+ now (my bet is 50+). Why can it not work for the Fords?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Weight changes for 2013.
    It was my understanding that the Fords didn't change and the GM's went up by 50lbs. Did someone say above that the Fords went down 50 and the GM's went up 50lbs?
    I did, going back to fact check now......yup,fact checked! Camaro gained 50, mustang lost 50.....apparently we're just gonna keep handicapping the fourth gen until a mustang wins! Can I sign up to make the trophy for Mosty?!
    Last edited by Rsmith350; 11-27-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Cause I wanna start trouble
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    I did, going back to fact check now......yup,fact checked! Camaro gained 50, mustang lost 50.....apparently we're just gonna keep handicapping the fourth gen until a mustang wins! Can I sign up to make the trophy for Mosty?!
    Ross, the Mustang did not change weight from last year. It appears different b/c it "now" says the Fox drops 150 lbs from the table listed (instead of 100 lbs from last year). The change was because the base weight was changed from 3200 to 3250 lbs. In short my car min weight was 3100 lbs. last year and also for next year.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Allford View Post
    They cost $2k BUT my pad usage is way down. And my rotor usage is zero. With stock stuff we were cracking rotors in 1 event and replacing them when they cracked to the edge every 3 weekends.

And they do stop better, even if you cant tell it when Im driving

Dan #82
    I completely agree. I have run the StopTechs for exactly 2 years now and have saved $500 in rotors alone. I would have saved $$ on the pads as well but PFC has jacked up their pad pricing for the StopTechs a ton over the last 2 years. I will likely be switching to another pad that is about 1/2 the price of the PFC's during the middle of next season.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently I suck at math
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Come on James, the change to CMC2 for you was a couple of sets of wheels, a one time cost. Sure, brake pads and tires cost more nowadays...
    What's the one time cost of 2 sets of 17's and brakes, $3k?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    David...I'm not happy about the prospects of the RR...I dont see it doing anything favorable, but thats just my opinion
    Faster cars just means we wear out or brake stuff faster and I'm not sure I can consistently use all the grip of an RA1.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    ... LT1 restricted... LS1 restricted...
    Didn't the LS motors have issues at 230hp? Maybe the S197 restriction is slight enough that it's not an issue. We don't need another fight around that.

And, I hope that we see the Fox/SN95 cars improve a little statistically overall relative to the other chassis; what's the clawback plan if it's truly clear that the rules went too far? I think rewards weight for the Show Ponies are in order...
    Last edited by Fbody383; 11-28-2012 at 12:36 PM.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    For what it's worth, I have $280 in my Wilwood Superlite calipers, $250 in my blainefab ducts, saved a few bucks on front pads because they are cheaper than standard F-body/C5 fitment, and spent a tiny bit more on those savings going to 13" C4 rotors (Centric premium, same as napa ultra premium but cheaper). For less than $600 in non-wear hardware, I'm hoping I have the same level of luck the Stoptech guys are having once I get to racing.

I know of a super-secret limited supply of cheap brackets that let you mount superlites on LS1 spindles, ready to go...
    Last edited by Pranav; 11-28-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Using up brake parts more is not really my concern about the RRs. My concern is grippier tires will make the cars less fun to drive, make it harder to recover from a mistake, and that it'll increase the damage done by going off road. If it was only up to me, the tires would be rock hard and we'd be in full on four wheel drifts in every corner, waging the tail on every exit, and on the brakes for ever trying to keep the tires from locking. That, to me, would be more fun. But hey, I'm crazy!
    Al Fernandez