Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Win Award

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Yeah, but that was a long time ago, I'm a bit rusty, and you and Jerry passed me with a bit too much ease last weekend.
    I wish I knew as much as you have forgotten

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    I wish I knew as much as you have forgotten
    Thanks. I wish I could have chased you down in R4.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Smile First Win Award

Four New Winners in 1 weekend!!! SAM_1436.jpg

It took a year before we gave our first plaque to Aaron, then 6 more months before Jerry won his first race. Now we are having 4 new winners in a SINGLE weekend. As I signed the checks, I asked myself "Why didn't you limit it to 1 per family?", "Why didn't you exclude Australians?" and "Why are Mustang drivers even eligible?"

Congratulations to Sam, Jay, Craig and Kevin

Who is next?

Dan #82

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Allford View Post

It took a year before we gave our first plaque to Aaron, then 6 more months before Jerry won his first race. Now we are having 4 new winners in a SINGLE weekend. As I signed the checks, I asked myself "Why didn't you limit it to 1 per family?", "Why didn't you exclude Australians?" and "Why are Mustang drivers even eligible?"

Who is next?

Dan #82
    Hey Dan, this is a great award and very much appreciated. Rather than excluding Australians we can now consider this an international award in the CMC World Series. It works for baseball...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Thanks Dan! Things like this are why I think this group is the best out there. It's not just about having an award and getting money, but it shows the kind of things this group is willing to do for each other. We have everything from prize money for a first win to everyone chipping to work on someones car to ensure they can get back out on track.

The camaraderie is what attracted me to this series first, the racing, type of car, and cost came later. The first time I was at TWS for a DE I was wondering around the paddock checking out cars and saw at least five people helping someone work on their car in the garages between races. During the course of the weekend I didn't see that with any other group, and that's pretty much when I decided that if I ever got into racing it would be CMC/AI. I think things like that and awards/gestures like Dan's will do more for attracting racers than any rule change ever will.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Thanks Dan! Things like this are why I think this group is the best out there. It's not just about having an award and getting money, but it shows the kind of things this group is willing to do for each other. We have everything from prize money for a first win to everyone chipping to work on someones car to ensure they can get back out on track.

The camaraderie is what attracted me to this series first, the racing, type of car, and cost came later. The first time I was at TWS for a DE I was wondering around the paddock checking out cars and saw at least five people helping someone work on their car in the garages between races. During the course of the weekend I didn't see that with any other group, and that's pretty much when I decided that if I ever got into racing it would be CMC/AI. I think things like that and awards/gestures like Dan's will do more for attracting racers than any rule change ever will.
    Ditto
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Who is next?
    I need to step up my game.

Dan, fantastic way to support the series and Congratulations Guys, you earned it.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for doing this Dan.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The award alone is amazing enough. Add to it that there are 4 recipients in a single weekend is down right astounding. When did that ever happen in one of the other classes?
    I congratulate all the winners as they surely earned it, and I congratulate Dan for stepping up and offering this award.

Who is next?

Dan #82
    Thanks Dan! This is a very generous and awesome thing for you to do. It will be going on the wall in my office.

We may need one more for my son in about 16 years... Maybe we can be the first 3 generation winners.

-Jay