Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a HANS: what do I buy?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Ken,
    With all due respect, the HANS isn't really designed for a side impact... That's what the containment seat or nets are for. I've had mine in a frontal impact and had no issues. Just make sure you have the belts placed properly and have them cinched down tight.
    with all due respect this is exactly what I said above:
    HANS can be a good choice with the right car, seat, etc so you don't slip out from under the belts.
    You need to look at the entire SYSTEM and pick based on what works well within the system, not what your favorite NASCAR driver wears and then use a crappy flimsy seat and wimpy head supports instead of a full net, etc. because if you're going to pick that kind of seat, etc, then you'd better get the most robust and self-contained H&N you can.

also consider egress times - you guys with your cars have big enough windows that the big head support winged seats don't cut down on it too bad, but still something to consider.

Again - SYSTEM approach, not pick and choose without thinking about how it all will work together in a multitude of situations

/offsoapbox
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 01-22-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    I use a Xao-ans. It's made in N Korea and feels a little flimsy, but they said it would serve it's purpose. It's biodegradable paper mache and the directions said not to get it wet... that's probably the most inconvenient part. For $27 after $20 shipping, I'm not complaining.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker View Post
    I use a Xao-ans. It's made in N Korea and feels a little flimsy, but they said it would serve it's purpose. It's biodegradable paper mache and the directions said not to get it wet... that's probably the most inconvenient part. For $27 after $20 shipping, I'm not complaining.
    This coming from an insurance salesman....