Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB a car...

WTB a car...

I'm looking for a complete or complete-ish CMC car to finish up my HPDE in this season and hopefully start driving next season. I would like a 4th gen f-body, but I might be interested in the right 3rd gen or fox body. I talked with Glenn at MSRH a few weekends ago about his Camaro chassis but I don't have the time to build a car. I would be interested in a car that only needs a few things to be track ready at the right price though- or maybe one missing a motor or tranny or valve stem cap or whatever. I live in Houston, but I would be willing to drive to pick up something.

What I am willing to spend depends on the car I guess. I am not interested in anything over $10k.

Thanks for the link- I think I saw that ad a few weeks ago before he dropped the price again. I might shoot him an offer but I would rather a 4th gen GM for that money (I have an LT-1 T56 and a few other parts laying around I could use, but nothing for Fords). I would also have another 2 grand for gas in that car by the time I got it home.

Is anyone thinking of getting rid of their car after this season is over? I could finish HPDE in my el Camino I built.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quan3165 View Post
    Thanks for the link- I think I saw that ad a few weeks ago before he dropped the price again. I might shoot him an offer but I would rather a 4th gen GM for that money (I have an LT-1 T56 and a few other parts laying around I could use, but nothing for Fords). I would also have another 2 grand for gas in that car by the time I got it home.

Is anyone thinking of getting rid of their car after this season is over? I could finish HPDE in my el Camino I built.
    You can have it hauled for far less than you can go get it. I paid less than a grand to get my car from California to Texas.

Jerry

Good point- I'll have to look into that if I end up with something too far out of town.

Just not thrilled about Fords if I can help it. I know my way around the GM stuff pretty well. I imagine I will be breaking and wearing out lots of parts.
    Last edited by quan3165; 03-12-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you have a drivetrain for a 4th gen, it should be a no-brainer. Pick-up the chassis I have and go to town.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by quan3165 View Post

I have an old 3rd Gen in CMC1 trim that I may be selling... I am being transfered to New Mexico in a few weeks but I'm giving my son first dibs.... Shoot me an email (dlove21261@aol.com) and I keep you updated about my plans...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    I have an old 3rd Gen in CMC1 trim that I may be selling... I am being transfered to New Mexico in a few weeks but I'm giving my son first dibs.... Shoot me an email (dlove21261@aol.com) and I keep you updated about my plans...
    We were told by the guy that won championships in this car before David purchased it that a monkey could drive it. If you don't go with Glenn's fourth Gen, Davids third gen is a very sweet car.

JJ

Glenn- I don't have a drivetrain for an LT1 car, just a tranny. It currently has its guts hanging out on the bottom shelf of my workbench. My oilfield 14 hour-a-day work schedule keeps me from building a car out of a chassis.

David- email sent.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    If the deal with David doesn't work out (man, Jason is going to be pissed), then here is another car out there:

http://www.racingjunk.com/NASA-Camar...-Firebird.html

Looks like it needs a tranny and some brake stuff. Probably negotiable. Dave Balingit could always throw it in his hauler to go from CO to TX....probably for the cost of a couple kegs.