Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Torsen T2R Issue

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Im running the FRPP Boss 302 T2R and I am not a fan, I have been spoiled with os giken though in my miata. When I ran the car at cresson without sway bars it was terrible, once I got some bars on the car is was much better but still not great, had some issues at hallet, would always spin the inside at turn 9, I am thinking about going to a clutch style diff, sounds like eaton may be a good route.
    Interesting. For those with an Eaton, has the maintenance been basically change the oil and keep driving? That has been Dulaney's experience above. Any others? I like things that I can put on the car and forget about, so that's why the T2R had always been on my list. I may have to consider the Eaton as well.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Interesting. For those with an Eaton, has the maintenance been basically change the oil and keep driving? That has been Dulaney's experience above. Any others? I like things that I can put on the car and forget about, so that's why the T2R had always been on my list. I may have to consider the Eaton as well.
    Eaton. Changed oil after 7 years. Checked clutches and were fine. Fresh oil and moving on.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I like the stock track-lok. It's been rebuilt (alternating clutch/steel method) twice in 9 seasons... And it came with the car... I've only bought one $50 rebuild kit and each time I rebuild, I just lay all the clutches on the table, take the thickest of the bunch, shim it until I can barely get it together, and slam it back together.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...