Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett post race info/media here please!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    Thanks, Mike. I met my goal for this year, which was to stay with you for an entire race. That's all I had!

I have no idea how to pass you, so if I have hopes to beat you, it'll require pole position. Thanks for setting the bar high, and giving us something to aim for (figuratively, not aiming at your car like some people )
    Go back and find old video of Mike and John at TWS.... There is no hint on how to get around Mike, but you will feel better knowning if John can't get around him you are still in good company

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I'm still scratching my head over how Lineart managed to avoid parking it in the tower
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    I'm still scratching my head over how Lineart managed to avoid parking it in the tower
    Gravity and friction.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

http://youtu.be/ggUF8URy2_0

Race 2. Far more boring than Race 3. Definitely don't watch more than a few minutes!
    You can see me working like mad to force some more brake pressure. Tried pumping it like crazy, tried lipping the toe of my shoe under the pedal and drawing it back up. Eventually, I realized that I was destined to have crappy brakes for the whole race.

Turns out that in one of my axle-hops, the brake hose got pinched between the frame and axle where the factory bump stops used to be, and cut the braided hose.
    This was the first race that I brought a spare brake hose to, lucky me. I re-routed both sides to the front of the axle, instead of on-top.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

I got to ride my bike and drink a lot of Frank's Sippin Hooch, luckily not at the same time.

Cars suck!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Oh man-what a weekend and lessons learned. First off I need to thank basically the entire field for putting my car back together and teaching me in the process. So many people helped at different times it was incredible. Many times I was ready to throw in the towel and try to celebrate my upcoming 40th but people just kept pulling me back in to the point I would be grinning and looking forward to the next race. Even with my mishaps I probably had the best racing on track with guys that I have ever had in a weekend-in the words of Ole English "It was AWESOME!".
    I'll provide a better write up and thanks to all those later this week. Also, have to compile a list of things I owe people and it was so much it's hard to keep track. I'm thinking I just need to come to TWS and spend the weekend being a pit monkey for whoever needs help.
    Big congrats to Mosty and Patterson for winning the beautiful guns Jerry provided. Also, to Team Jordan for probably their best weekend of racing and Francis, too.

But Jerry has it wrong-it was a warm afternoon and I was ready for some ice cream. I'm pretty certain I proved the point that you can make it to the tower and I noticed in Jim's video that there were cars and people just beyond the tower that are reachable. Too bad Liebbe wasn't there to provide some better analysis. On saturday I was looking to say hi to Lonita Procter and scare the kids in the playground. So whatever button Randy was pushing for his force field I hope he takes it off his car. I also don't think I'm going to wear ear plugs anymore. However, I think Corey can vouch that I didn't make the same mistake in R4.

I'll be back.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    http://youtu.be/ggUF8URy2_0

Race 2. Far more boring than Race 3. Definitely don't watch more than a few minutes!
    You can see me working like mad to force some more brake pressure. Tried pumping it like crazy, tried lipping the toe of my shoe under the pedal and drawing it back up. Eventually, I realized that I was destined to have crappy brakes for the whole race.

Turns out that in one of my axle-hops, the brake hose got pinched between the frame and axle where the factory bump stops used to be, and cut the braided hose.
    This was the first race that I brought a spare brake hose to, lucky me. I re-routed both sides to the front of the axle, instead of on-top.
    Gotta be a reason the OEM routed them on the back side instead of the top. Don't try and out think them.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    On saturday I was looking to say hi to Lonita Procter and scare the kids in the playground. So whatever button Randy was pushing for his force field I hope he takes it off his car.
    Leinart... Oh Shit!!!
    https://vimeo.com/69129687

In my long to-do list to get ready, I somehow never ziptied the lines down. So, they floated around up top on their own.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJordan View Post
    Leinart... Oh Shit!!!
    https://vimeo.com/69129687
    Interesting corner exit Leinart.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.