Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nats Updates

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Nats Updates

Checked the race monitor app on my way home last night and at lunch today. Here are my updates-don't know if they are posted anywhere to check??
    Yesterday looked like Aaron and Hermman in CMC were around a 2:10 and the rest of the CMC was at 2:15 and slower. Mark Smith looks good in AI at 2:10 followed by Michael Stacy at 2:12. Also looks like Sammy McSpadden which I assume is Aaron's dad is running the spec iron car in AIX was at 2:15.
    Looked like the same times during qual today but must have been a caution-Aaron may have a mechanical as he didn't show a lap or maybe one. Another what I think is Texas driver? in AI Alec Udell had the field by 3 seconds in AI, too. In the Miata's I saw Texan Adam Poland maybe a top 5 and Nathan Stacy doing well too. I think there are a set of brother maybe from Texas in the class that are up there, too. Also saw Terry Fair's name.

Good luck to the Texan's! Anyone know of a place to follow please post up. I assume speedcast will be showing the big races this weekend but I don't hold my breath for it.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Here's who I spotted from Texas Region

Group A - AIX/AI/CMC - Alec Udell, Mark Smith, Mike Stacy, Sammy McSpadden, Aaron McSpadden
    Group B - Wreck Pinata - Adam Poland, Trevor McCallion, Nick Reger, Tim Reger, Nate Stacy, Mike Globe
    Group C - Slow TT classes - nobody
    Group D - Super Unlimited & Super Touring - Kevin Mixon
    Group E - 944Spec - Phil Hanson
    Group F - Cake Eaters I mean GTS - Jay Matus
    Group G - SpecZ and PT - nobody
    Group H - Fast TT classes - Terry Fair
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Thurs qual race for Group A - Udell 1st in AI, Smith 4th, Stacy 6th and McSpadden 6th in AIX

Thurs qual race for Group B - N.Reger 5th, Poland 6th, T.Reger 10th, Stacy 20th, Globe 28th, McCallion 30th
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 09-05-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    Aaron McSpadden won CMC-started in the back and still won by over 10 seconds and pretty much bested the rest of the field by 2 seconds a lap. Nice work Aaron-bring that trophy back to it's rightful place in Texas. Looks like Smith and Stacy have a chance for a podium in AI as well. Udell had the field by 3 seconds a lap.

What was really interesting is the makeup of the fields. Out of 6 AIX cars all were Mustangs and in AI out of 13 there were 12 Stangs and a Buick GNX (awesome!)-not a single GM in AI is an atrocity. CMC is well represented in CMC but like the past several years can't compete with the Mustang.

"2013 The Year of the Mustang" I guess I have to change my slogan now as when the rules came out it was the year of the fox-guess I was right about the model. Real sad to see the disparity that NASA has produced in our classes.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any live feeds like years past?

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah-forgot to add. I really miss the video updates that Burch would do back in the day.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Well today was interesting. The stoptech caliper bracket that holds it on the spindle broke at 100mph on the 2nd lap. The bolt is steel and the bracket is aluminum, well that bolt pulled out taking all the threads with it! But we were able to re tap it and fix it. Thank you Jason Massey at illicit Motorsports. The master fixer guy! Started dead last, had to play dodgeball with all the AI guys and CMC guys. Tons of rocks on the track so I had rocks hitting the windshield and got caught in the brakes also making all kinds of weird noises. Crazy day but due to Jason's setup and motor we prevailed! The car was on rails!

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    in AI out of 13 there were 12 Stangs and a Buick GNX (awesome!)-not a single GM in AI is an atrocity.
    Why bother spending $5k to bring a knife to a gun fight.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Nice run Aaron!