Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    has more/bigger balls.
    Lol

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    I wish SKF made engines and diffs, as my hubs are outlasting these. Seriously though, they're holding up perfectly.

Not surprised Pranav had issues with the Fbody version, as they're no different than stock. The SKF vette 'race' hub has more/bigger balls.

Pfadt closed down, and I therefore lost my dealer discount on the hubs. I've found a relatively cheap place to get them, and Casey and Dan bought theirs there. I cut out all profit on Dan's set to keep the price about the same. I've got a few adapter sets left. Once they're gone, I will likely not reproduce them, as this hasn't been a hot seller. Too large of an investment to wait a year on a tiny return.
    The only thing stopping me from jumping on your brackets is I have a self made set-up already. I have over $500 in it. I had to leave them on the shelf due to a track width change that made these illegal as I used 1LE rotors to make them. I will need to cut down a set of non-1LE disc's to fix that issue. So another $150 in machine work and I can run them. I need to check to see if the inside of the StopTech hat has more room for a larger diameter hub flange as I need more material to help stop the ARP's from cracking the hub when I press them in. I may just need to increase the hole size for the stud as well.

I kept seeing Dan break rotors w/ his StopTech's. This also has me worried. That is an expense I can live w/out. Are Dan's failures a result of using OEM hubs?

I talked w/ Danny P at Carbotech today. He is still shocked I'm running the XP10's w/ this car. Not sure why as I don't feel like I'm giving up anything running them. He wants me to try the XP12's, but I don't want anymore initial bite and I don't want a pad that will eat rotors. I'm hoping the brake upgrade will just make the 10's work that much better for me.

Dan did not have time to install the new hubs before Hallett. His failures have all been factory style hubs
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Building another run

I'm prepping to order another run of adapters, as I've sold out. If you're interested, please contact me this week. The lead time should be about 4 weeks (machinist said 3, but he's always a couple days late).

The cost is $475 for the adapters, bolt kit, and shipping anywhere in the US. Only thing not included are the SKF hubs. I recommend buying those here for $350: http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.co...ategory_id=197

Please spread the word, as I'd like to pre-sell most of these adapters. contact me via email jim [at] design-base.net
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    So if anyone is looking for hub setup, I have them.
    Presrichinc[at]hotmail.com
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Storm Trooper; 03-19-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    That's my ride and they were installed Friday evening-100% bolt in without any issue. Noticeable difference of reducing or possibly eliminating pad knockback. Hard for me to say since I'm so used to tapping the brakes constantly around the track due to knockback. But I'm pretty certain there were times I never tapped them and didn't have any issues when coming to braking. That was never the case before. This car suffered less than the black car from knockback and I'm thinking it's the stoptechs.

And oh yeah-I picked up about a second per lap! Awesome piece of equipment Sean. I'm looking forward to more testing and checking and will update. Thanks!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    That's my ride and they were installed Friday evening-100% bolt in without any issue. Noticeable difference of reducing or possibly eliminating pad knockback. Hard for me to say since I'm so used to tapping the brakes constantly around the track due to knockback. But I'm pretty certain there were times I never tapped them and didn't have any issues when coming to braking. That was never the case before. This car suffered less than the black car from knockback and I'm thinking it's the stoptechs.

And oh yeah-I picked up about a second per lap! Awesome piece of equipment Sean. I'm looking forward to more testing and checking and will update. Thanks!
    Thanks Bryan