Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 NASA Nationals Annouced

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    COTA is getting greedy so it may be hard to land that place. SCCA was going to run another event there in march then COTA decided to raise their weekend rental fee from $120k to $300k due to how many people showed last year. Kinda messed up.

Screw COTA. I just hate the fact that we all supported the idea of the track. I wonder if we would have been so happy about it if we had known they were not going to give a shit about club racing?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    COTA is getting greedy so it may be hard to land that place. SCCA was going to run another event there in march then COTA decided to raise their weekend rental fee from $120k to $300k due to how many people showed last year. Kinda messed up.
    Cool; next offer will be $50k after NOBODY shows up for a $1k entry fee event... but they're probably not running AI/CMC anyway...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

While COTA have several other big series and events on the schedule, they pissed Bernie off by screwing Hellmund over, so Bernie has positioned both NJ and Mexico City GPs (remember when Bernie said no more street circuits, only permanent dedicated circuits) to really sap COTAs F1 attendance and it could go down hill from there if they keep up being a$$ hats. Of course NJ and Mexico could fall through and then COTA will just be harder to deal with after that. In the end, Jerry you are right, kinda messed up.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    The track investors have already made their $300 mil back so everything now is just profit and they can be as picky as they want. The X games will bring huge money in for them for the next 3 yrs.

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Cool; next offer will be $50k after NOBODY shows up for a $1k entry fee event... but they're probably not running AI/CMC anyway...
    heh, i am on their [COTA] email/phone list and last couple was for a 'track day'. When I called them back I responded with an uncontrollable "what? I'm sorry? I didn't hear that".... it was $2500 for ONE DAY PER DRIVER

We're going to F1 this year, but with V8 supers gone there is diminishing interest in attending events given the ownership.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    The track really is an amazing place to race. It flows really well and has tons of room to pass. Just sucks they are so snobby.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The track really is an amazing place to race. It flows really well and has tons of room to pass. Just sucks they are so snobby.
    very much ditto

F1 can leave after next year imho (I want to see the new cars) - place needs to go under and change hands to a group that knows how to actually run a race track.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    heh, i am on their [COTA] email/phone list and last couple was for a 'track day'. When I called them back I responded with an uncontrollable "what? I'm sorry? I didn't hear that".... it was $2500 for ONE DAY PER DRIVER

We're going to F1 this year, but with V8 supers gone there is diminishing interest in attending events given the ownership.
    Talks are still on about V8 Supercars visiting COTA in 2015 and onward AFAIK. As for the track day's, they've sold out the last couple within hours of being announced so it's still demand, meet supply.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I still say Kellam has the best record.
    2010 Texas CMC Regional Champion
    2010 CMC Summer Shootout Champion at Hallet
    2010 CMC National Champion
    Sounds like the Triple Crown to me.
    Cheers.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro