Thread: RR's for 2014......

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Forgive my ignorance since I haven't researched this much, but do the RRs actually provide more mechanical grip? I thought the 100 treadwear rating on the RA1s were totally bogus, with the RR's 40 rating being closer to reality?

As far as the loss of 16" size debacle, no plans to produce the RR in 16s? Did anyone up there think to ask? At this point are we the only NASA class still running big 16s?

the 255/50R16 will NOT be made. The 225/50R16 and the 245/45R16 will be made, but they are the last of all the new RR's to be available. We don't have a time frame, but I would guess mid to late 2014. Just a guess remember.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    This is is complete and utter BS. So now I will be stuck with a set of new 888's and new set of RA1's. The ole 28 may be parked for a long time or forever at this point.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    BTW.. I have a brand new set of RA1's 275/40/17 shaved 4/32nds... I would make a good deal on. I wasn't going to race the etnire season and probably not at all now.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    BTW.. I have a brand new set of RA1's 275/40/17 shaved 4/32nds... I would make a good deal on. I wasn't going to race the etnire season and probably not at all now.
    I kinda guessed that's would you would think (see my post above). I may have to buy some or all of your tires.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    This is is complete and utter BS. So now I will be stuck with a set of new 888's and new set of RA1's. The ole 28 may be parked for a long time or forever at this point.
    I'm gonna need shake down tires, I might be interested in your 888's
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Agreed that this is a complete and total mess. No need to elaborate any more.
    Thanks NASA...
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Quoted from Phil:

there will be 16", not the size that you may want, but later in 2014 there will 225/50R16 and 245/45R16 RR's.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I don't see what you guys are pissed about with the RA1 still needed as a rain tire... Keep the ones you have and if they are shaved, they are intermediates. If they are full tread...they are full rains. Yeah, you are buying more wheels and have to carry them but that's cheap.

I do think they are going to have a supply problem for the 17's as there are TONS of people running 17's in CMC, AI and Factory 5 Roadsters. yeah, they USED to run 255's but if they go to RR's, there isn't going to be a 255 RR.....or is there? Phil?

As Jerry pointed out, the 4th gens are already cracking K-members with RA1's. We are going to have to trash the one in Misty's car as it's cracking just like Bryan's did....and I am about to put 315's on it!

One thing I learned over the years about NASA is they have NO problem finding ways to spend YOUR money and make THEM look cool....AND bitching about it does nothing so bite the bullet and move forward.

Aren't the AI rules supposed to be out already according to the new commitment? LOL!

<---runs and grabs the flame suit!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    I don't see what you guys are pissed about with the RA1 still needed as a rain tire... Keep the ones you have and if they are shaved, they are intermediates. If they are full tread...they are full rains. Yeah, you are buying more wheels and have to carry them but that's cheap.

I do think they are going to have a supply problem for the 17's as there are TONS of people running 17's in CMC, AI and Factory 5 Roadsters. yeah, they USED to run 255's but if they go to RR's, there isn't going to be a 255 RR.....or is there? Phil?

As Jerry pointed out, the 4th gens are already cracking K-members with RA1's. We are going to have to trash the one in Misty's car as it's cracking just like Bryan's did....and I am about to put 315's on it!

One thing I learned over the years about NASA is they have NO problem finding ways to spend YOUR money and make THEM look cool....AND bitching about it does nothing so bite the bullet and move forward.

Aren't the AI rules supposed to be out already according to the new commitment? LOL!

<---runs and grabs the flame suit!

I have never screwed with rains. Unless there is standing water a slick tire will have more grip. At least that is what I have been told. I have four slick tires on the trailer tire rack and two at 1/16" and two with maybe 1/32" on the car. I have to figure out what to purchase to get through two races.

JJ