Thread: WTB Two 275/40/17 RA1's either full tread or shaved 5/32" in Houston or CS

Senior Member Grass-Passer

WTB Two 275/40/17 RA1's either full tread or shaved 5/32" in Houston or CS

Going to do a DE this weekend and it looks like its going to be raining. I've only got two tires that still have the tread blocks left. If anyone has a couple full tread or shaved that still have the tread blocks let me know. Would prefer to pick up in Houston or College Station. Send me a PM or call me if you've got something.

Thanks,

Kevin Jander
    (936)328-7055

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Going to do a DE this weekend and it looks like its going to be raining. I've only got two tires that still have the tread blocks left. If anyone has a couple full tread or shaved that still have the tread blocks let me know. Would prefer to pick up in Houston or College Station. Send me a PM or call me if you've got something.

Thanks,

Kevin Jander
    (936)328-7055
    Cheatin Bastard practice.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You only need them if it is pooring rain or lots of standing water. If it is just wet, run the slicks.
    Also, run the full treads on the front if you end up w/ just 2.
    Bump your cold pressures up about 3-4lbs.

Learn to drive in the wet on slicks. What are you going to do if it starts raining after we start our race - pit? Same deal w/ guys who disconnect swaybars for the wet. Learn to drive w/ it in case it starts raining after you leave grid.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Yeah Sam told me pretty much the same thing. I still need two more 5/32 RA1's either way so I figured I would see if anybody happened to have some. With all this talk about switching to the RR's I thought someone may have a couple they wanted to unload.