Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GRM - October 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    John, if you want to go, then go. If you want to stay, then stay. But all I get out of your participation on this AICMCTexas forum is negativity and stirring up issues about which you say that you are no longer a part.

I don't get it.
    Because I would like to read about the events and want the people that work damn hard to get the recognition they deserve and were promised. Maybe with my comments and criticism I can promote change! The other ways we have all tried sure the heck didn’t work! I'm here for my friends and if this shit ever turns around I may come back out and kick some more ass for a race or two.

Why does it bother you so much? Are you scared of the truth?
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    Not really scared. But I wish you'd stop the veiled jabs.

Say your peace and get on with it.

Some of us aren't in the "inner circle" and can only speculate what your issues are. The specualation is what causes the problems.

So, to put it like my dad would have put it ... shit, or get off the pot.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    a bunch of responses about "seat time" and "you just don't get it".
    Don't forget "It is what is it is" and the ever popular "Bring me the tech".

Mike, you have so elequently penned exactly the concerns that I, and my GM colleagues, have raised over and over.

I guess it's a definition gap. My definition of "No tear down" is obviously different from others. If it involves scraping a surface to get it to reseal, then the engine has been "torn down".

My definition of "clarification" obviously isn't the same, either. I guess there really are such things as "stupid questions", like "Why?" or "What's the reasoning behind that?"

I guess if I had been a part of CMC/AI since the beginning, I wouldn't have to ask those questions. But, my tardiness has caused there to be that gap.

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

Comments

I agree, if you dont like things the way they are, offer a solution.

There is no reason to be negative, it really doesnt solve anything, except create bad feelings.

A lot of the posts I read offer solutions ( Mike Bell). Those are good to see.

Things are never going to be perfect, get used to it.

I have.
    AI # 12

Damn, everytime I get up a head of steam into one of my full-blown tirades some rational person calmly walks into the room and kicks the chair out from under me!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    There is a "no teardown" rule in the '06 rulebook.
    I'm sure the Tony G. waffle is due to the Ghost.
    AG IS going to Ohio.

jb

Administrator Site Admin
    Because I would like to read about the events and want the people that work damn hard to get the recognition they deserve and were promised.
    I guess I'd like to know who races to see their name in a magazine. Who promised all this? Yeah, sure its neat to see your name in a magazine, but its not something I expect from Club Racing.

The other ways we have all tried sure the heck didn’t work!
    We or you?

I'm with Rob on this.

I really don't understand why some of you guys like all this drama. You get frustrated and you make this big announcement that you're going to quit racing. You're quiet for a few weeks or a month and then slowly start poking your head around again. Then everything is normal again and you're racing like nothing happened.

Brooks

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I thumbed through the latest GRM last night and it's pathetic. If it isn't a 4cyl "sports car", rally or some review of some $50k street car...it isn't in there. The blurbs are less than 125 words which doesn't do dick for promoting anything...

Our guys for AI/CMC are covered up with LIVES so the write ups as we knew them are probably dead and anyone stepping in to volunteer is volunteering to fail because of expectations have been set too high? I honestly don't think any of the racers should volunteer for this role because we are busy RACING and working on our cars. There is NO way we can keep track of both groups and all the details of 2 quals and 4 races to be fair to everyone. Honestly, I don't see how Todd/Adam did it in the past...

Rant on....

I wrote my own personal write up and posted it in two locations where it would benefit my primary sponsors. I would love to be able to go for the bigger bucks from my employer who would jump at the chance to get exposure in GRM, Sports Car, Motor Trend or even in some of the mustang rags on a national level. Hell, I would like to get some exposure like Brian Shugg has so I can work toward a pro ride like he got. I guess when it comes right down to it, if you strive for greatness there is no way in hell you can depend on others to help get you there when they can't even figure out how to Grid a race group of 23 cars..... :roll:

Rant off....

good day to all.

Quote Originally Posted by j3ffbrooks
    I'm with Rob on this.

I really don't understand why some of you guys like all this drama. You get frustrated and you make this big announcement that you're going to quit racing. You're quiet for a few weeks or a month and then slowly start poking your head around again. Then everything is normal again and you're racing like nothing happened.

Brooks
    Point taken, I'm guilty as described.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Brooks....I think it's the premise that we have high expectations for the return on our investment in NASA and the AI/CMC series....and aren't getting them. I don't want this to be a check book issue or an us/them kind of thing because I like racing with you guys, but the fact is some of us are die hard competitors. We do everything 110% and that is why you see us 'bring sledgehammers to kill flies'. It's called an overly competitive nature, we can't change that. Given our "investment" which is more than just money, but time from our families, tow rigs, neglecting our homes and pets, busting our asses building/fixing race cars....AND putting our lives on the line, we are looking for a pay off we feel is equal to OUR efforts or at least a level of acceptable value to us.

Maybe WE are the stupid ones for "investing" so much? Maybe the series isn't worth that much "expense"??? I am being the devil's advocate here to attempt to make a point to NASATX and the group....BUT, all of this arguing, bitching, complaining, yelling, typing, pissing and moaning is ALL in an effort to make it better for everyone or atleast the majority. To date, NONE of it has worked and yes, we are frustrated....WHY, because we choose to attempt to do something about it instead of just accept it. It is part of a type A personality and racers by nature will NOT change.

I think our group as a whole is pretty healthy and we stand behind each other when the need arises. That is a good thing because we aren't like the SCCA where the racers won't lift a finger to help a competitor. We as a whole need to work this problem and fix it. I think we as the AI/CMC group have done more than our share to make suggestions on how to fix the Region's issues. Sadly, I think they have fallen on deaf ears and the shoulders of the incompetant. If that means you decide to keep my trophy at the end of the year...fine. All I ask is that you operate the series/region in a way that the trophy means something to highlight the efforts and accomplishments of your "customers"....

I will now shut up about NASATX and AI/CMC and will restrict discussions to tech and Bullshitting about who is faster, which truck diesel is better and just a general comraderie with my piers. I think we have ALL bitched enough and WE need to make sure OUR series ends in October on a positive note. This is the shit sandwich we are ALL going to eat so bring enough mustard to make it work for you.