Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GRM - October 2006

CMC17
    I stopped wishing and hoping for recognition in GRM a long time ago. I'm not going to point fingers and get mad or upset, I'm way beyond that now.

I still give props to Todd and Adam (and anyone else involved) with the write-ups and trying to get something in the magazine(s).

Dropping my expectations has yielded a lot of things. I went back to having fun driving really fast, legally! I'm a speed junky and what better way than to work it out while on the track and not on public roads. Yep, I get it all out of my system on the track.

You guys can fight for the recognition, championship trophies (just make sure they spell the name right) and all the other acolades that go along with it.

I will stick to trying to go really fast in HPDE's and during NASA events, but don't look for me to be anything other than someone that is very content by being on the track and no speed limits. If you are faster, good for you and I wish you well and hope your enjoyment is pegged like mine.

After seeing what happened to one of our directors and the other that has now fallen off the face of the Earth, I will take a back seat to any controversy. You guys hash it out and maybe one day reflect back to see if you are really having fun.

Have a given up on the series? Without top level support for the issues at hand, the secret society that is present on the west coast and other high level issues, it would seem now that I'm really using NASA as a place to go racing w2w and nothing more.

What keeps me coming back isn't the $1.50 medals or the headaches, it's the group of guys that I have gotten to know over the years and that's what is ultimately important. I will not let this series tear through those friendships and good times that we are supposed to be having at this level of racing while at the track. Building fences promotes nothing good.

Either be happy or find another sand box. Play by the rules or find another series that tears down all engines after every session. The world is a really big place. Too bad in a hundred years none of this will amount to diddly for anyone reading this.

Have fun, stay safe and lemme know if I can help anyone out with anything.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Say your peace and get on with it.

So, to put it like my dad would have put it ... shit, or get off the pot.
    Do you need some cheese with this?

I have said my peace... I just simply ask a question. You guys are like a bunch of girls!

I'm just interested to see how everyone is doing.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Given our "investment" which is more than just money, but time from our families, tow rigs, neglecting our homes and pets, busting our asses building/fixing race cars....AND putting our lives on the line, we are looking for a pay off we feel is equal to OUR efforts or at least a level of acceptable value to us.
    My payoff is a weekend of great racing with guys and gals that all share the same interest. Racing during the day and b/s-ing at night w/ my bro. and friends is pay off enough for me.
    Magazine exposure, sponsor $$, contingencies, etc. are all just an extra side of gravy that is welcomed but not needed. I guess I'm setting my sights too low. :?
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sounds like i've heard all this before. same song, second verse.

no real input, just subscribing to this to keep up w/ whats said.

John, you going to Nationals??? your still on the entry list as of the 8-22 update.

[/quote]
    My payoff is a weekend of great racing with guys and gals that all share the same interest. Racing during the day and b/s-ing at night w/ my bro. and friends is pay off enough for me.
    Magazine exposure, sponsor $$, contingencies, etc. are all just an extra side of gravy that is welcomed but not needed. I guess I'm setting my sights too low. :?[/quote]

Well said!
    Kmix
    Super Touring One
    NASA Texas Ya'll

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    ... b/s-ing at night w/ my bro....
    Awe shucks... kicks foot at air...

I agree with all the "little people", as I am one of them. I don't aspire to go pro-racing because I know I'm not gifted or rich enough to get there. A sucessful weekend for me is one where everyone can get both their cars and themselves on the trailer and make it home safe. (Notice how I said "get their cars on the trailer"... and not "drive up" I've pushed mine up on the trailer more than I would like to admit!)

All the tech discussions and BS-ing is what draws me to the track, other than being 3" off someone's bumper with someone beside you, at the apex of the last turn, on the last lap.... you know the story.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    John, you going to Nationals??? your still on the entry list as of the 8-22 update.
    Yes, I'm going! - Wayne is going with me.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Same here. I don't expect anything more than a weekend of fun, hanging out and racing with a bunch of like-minded gearheads...

BUT...

I also figure if an organization is going to commit to doing something, it should work towards that commitment 100%, and the hit-or-miss attitude shown towards promoting the region is wearing thin.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Say your peace and get on with it.

So, to put it like my dad would have put it ... shit, or get off the pot.
    Do you need some cheese with this?

I have said my peace... I just simply ask a question. You guys are like a bunch of girls!

I'm just interested to see how everyone is doing.
    Sorry to have gotten under your skin. I certainly don't want to be in your sights.

Not unlike you, I was just asking a question.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Yes, I'm going! - Wayne is going with me.
    pm me w/ your date of departure and stuff.