Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: six point harness differences

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    I'm taking my passenger seat out for the weekend and you can use the harness from there if you can't get one before Houston. G-Force 6000BK It's not the best harness by any means, but it's not expired and I won't be needing it for the weekend. It's a 5-point though so it may not work if you only have the cutouts for the 6-point.

Thanks! If I can't get one I will take you up on it.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    I'm with Al on not liking the pull ups. It may have just been that the adjusters were at an odd spot, but I found them more difficult to get tight than the pull downs. I can bring my expired pull-up ones to MSR-H to try before you buy.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    I'm with Al on not liking the pull ups. It may have just been that the adjusters were at an odd spot, but I found them more difficult to get tight than the pull downs. I can bring my expired pull-up ones to MSR-H to try before you buy.
    Thanks Gary but I can't race without a new harness. Jay is going to bite the bullet and get the nice Schroth Profi that is made for the Hans but I have to get the car back from the shop so I can see exactly what we have before we order.

Thanks for the offer!
    JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I did a lot of research and bought safecraft
    I think its the best harness on the market with one exception
    Its SFI but you get one free re cert from safecraft
    The safecraft is the only harness with the adjuster that plugs directly into the center latch. It allows easy and fast adjustment with the best hardware I have ever seen on a harness.
    Scroth is good too, but you can
    still have issues with getting them tight and keeping them tight

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I have to replace the harness in the 55 prior to the first race. What is the difference in a $150.00 G-Force and a $565.00 Schroth? We were thinking about trying a pull up this time (never had one). My old harness had 2013 marked on it (I purchased the car in 2009). Do they all come with a five year date? I see some are two year and some are five. What do I look for to get the five year belts?

I still have to get the car back from Illicit Motorsports (Wild Rides S-Box installed plus new K-Member and new Rack). Should have it back by the end of next week. I have to change the fluids, figure out why it starves for fuel below half a tank, install the new harness, install new mufflers and tail pipes, get a new Medical (every two years when you are an old guy like me). All in nine or ten days. I have no idea who is going to do my medical since the Flight doctor I used to go to killed himself in a plane crash right after I got my last one. I would like to get both medicals done at the same time and same place if possible.

JJ
    Sounds like you are already conceding defeat to the 24? So I decided to check the car out this weekend-broken exhaust manifold and y pipe are the main issues to repair. Manifold is tougher to find than I thought. Hopefully have it back together and on the ground this weekend so the guys can repair the hole in the ceiling where I fell through. Then work on an alignment next weekend.

I run the Schroth Profi II I think for the Hans and really like them. I think it's the way to go when using a hans to keep the hans in place with the belts. Though maybe it doesn't matter. The 6 point in my mind should be kinder to your frank and beans than a 5 point-think I remember that from the ride with Covini at TWS.
    Was your Dr.'s crash a mistake or suicide?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Sounds like you are already conceding defeat to the 24? So I decided to check the car out this weekend-broken exhaust manifold and y pipe are the main issues to repair. Manifold is tougher to find than I thought. Hopefully have it back together and on the ground this weekend so the guys can repair the hole in the ceiling where I fell through. Then work on an alignment next weekend.

I run the Schroth Profi II I think for the Hans and really like them. I think it's the way to go when using a hans to keep the hans in place with the belts. Though maybe it doesn't matter. The 6 point in my mind should be kinder to your frank and beans than a 5 point-think I remember that from the ride with Covini at TWS.
    Was your Dr.'s crash a mistake or suicide?
    He was having trouble with his engine but took off from an old airfield on Mustang Island anyway (or one of the other islands down by Port O'Connor). When it quit he did what we are told NEVER to do and tried to turn around and go back to the field. He stalled/spun it into Matagorda Bay. Killed himself and a friend.

JJ