Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR-H Race Media

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Hey Mark, I think your tach is broken... it keeps jumping up past the 6.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Have a favor to ask. Could video posters let us know what kind of camera they are using? I want to get one soon-maybe one of Calders but my wife just sent me a pic of Gopro's at Target for $200. Jim-your video doesn't seem as good as what you have posted in the past? I want something that is easy to operate and post. I'm not going to edit anything.

Procter is right-there is a lot of good racing going on. The whole field has really stepped it up. Trophy girls don't waltz through the entire field in the first 4 turns-takes them more like 4 laps. Good job guys-I need to pick it up just to stay in the middle of the mid pack slackers. The 55 I think has distanced itself to being in between the trophy and slackers while Jander can really turn some hot laps and had fast lap in R3 I think. Watch out for Ben if he ever gets power steering on his car-I don't see how he drives his car with manual steering
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    You can't beat go pro for the price. The black edition is nice cause it has a remote and can also be controlled from your phone. The ones at target are the older models. They still work great but are not the latest editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    You can't beat go pro for the price. The black edition is nice cause it has a remote and can also be controlled from your phone.
    Working on it...and more.
    I will say that if you are actively looking for a camera don't wait on us. We are not 100% sure are even going to market.
    I'm still willing to build a one-off but I can't commit to a date at this point beyond saying it will definately be after TWS.
    That's a lot different from a currently marketed and supported camera, be it a Go pro, Stealth, etc. You might spend $100-150 more but you won't hurt my feelings by going with an obviously very good product. I've always liked the Steath vs the Go Pro but regardlless, you can always buy one of mine later

Our March test is only going to be able to get us through about half of our base system test cases so not sure how much of the A/V stuff we will even get to.
    The plan has been to focus on A/V at TWS including the computer vision stuff (e.g. "follow the action", and more). I really want to do some of the A/V testing at Cresson but with the board re-work I need to get that all sorted first. *Hopefully* I will at least have a couple of the pan/tilt cameras to show off.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    I have been very happy with my Drift. It has an LCD, so you can actually see what you are videoing. It has zoom, so you can mount where you want, not where it has to be to get the correct shot. It has green, red, and blue lights for power, record, and charging. None of that ridiculous hard to decipher multiple button press issues that the early GoPros had. I hear GoPros have come a long way, but I also heard Sean having a ton of problems with his at the last race. I'd buy something else. My Drift also has a remote, but it only works to start and stop recording, it will not power up the camera. I normally get Wendi to power it on at the 5 min whistle, and then I start recording halfway through the warm up lap.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    +1 to what Wade said. I've used a Drift for all my videos.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I have an older Drift170 that works very well. The lens can be rotated to always be "up" in the event you want to mount the camera goofy.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

My iphone recording was definitely worse than usual. Not sure why.
    I bought a wifi backpack for my gopro2, but it didn't work. I intend to link it to Harry's lap timer, and use my phone for a rear-view.
    GoPro's are rather finicky. We have a rig that uses 6 of them at work, and every time I've used it, there was always one that was out of sync. When they work, the results are fantastic. Every comparison I've seen always lists the gopro at the top, though sometimes their reasons are odd.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I have the GoPro HD2 - worked perfectly this weekend. I did try to charge it and make sure I started each round with a full battery. Turn it on with 3min to go. Once it's on it's fine.

You have to resist the urge to "push the button again" though. Mine is set for one push to turn it on to video camera, then one push to start recording. Sometimes it's slower than others and you just have to trust the one push.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    My iphone recording was definitely worse than usual. Not sure why.
    Round things on 4 corners helps camera stability, Mr. Jimbob Squaretires.