Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MSR-H Race Media

Gary, perhaps it's just a personal preference, but I really like the data overlay. For example, I find it really interesting to know I was going 60 mph while staring at a car's headlights. I also like knowing where on the track the splice of footage was taken. You're the one making the video, so you get ultimate say....but if it was up to a vote, I'd vote for data. As for your original question, I don't have data-less videos for Houston or Cresson. In the future, I can get them, but it's kindof a PITA, and I have to keep both files.

headlights.jpg
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Data only works if you can read it properly. You were going 59 mph, not 60.

Come on Jim....... ;^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    I assume (having made the video two years ago) that the data, when shown in 2 to 4 second clips makes the video look inconsistent. Everyone who has data displays it differently, etc, etc, and it is hard to make the "movie" look uniform, and not so much like a bunch of clips strung together. Obviously the data is awesome for analysis, just not the overall. I assumed that you guys took video, and data, and then synched them together later. I guess Gary was asking if he could get pre-synched video. Assuming the video and data come from the same source, already overlaid, that may be more difficult. I used to put the date/time in the bottom corner and Gary asked me to take that out. :-p
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    A quick question for those who have videos with the data overlay... Do you still have the unaltered raw video or does the overlay get put on when writing to the video file?

For the year end video, I'd really really really really prefer just the raw video.
    My video is from my GoPro Hero2, my data is from my racepak iq3, I merge them in dashware. All of my data and vids are also kept separately.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I assume that the data, when shown in 2 to 4 second clips makes the video look inconsistent. Everyone who has data displays it differently, etc, etc, and it is hard to make the "movie" look uniform, and not so much like a bunch of clips strung together. Obviously the data is awesome for analysis, just not the overall.
    Yeah, what he said :-D
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    Gary, perhaps it's just a personal preference, but I really like the data overlay. For example, I find it really interesting to know I was going 60 mph while staring at a car's headlights. I also like knowing where on the track the splice of footage was taken. You're the one making the video, so you get ultimate say....but if it was up to a vote, I'd vote for data. As for your original question, I don't have data-less videos for Houston or Cresson. In the future, I can get them, but it's kindof a PITA, and I have to keep both files.

headlights.jpg
    There is something very troubling with direction if Ian's car...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Here is my R4... I need to try and figure out the settings on Windows Live Movie Maker to get them up to a resolution that's better, but works for Vimeo...

https://vimeo.com/89159191
    Marshall Mosty

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    How do you drive that car with a go kart steering wheel?? That's a whole nuther challenge in itself hahaha

Michael has been busting my chops about that wheel ever since I put it in back in 2006... It's fine as long as the power steering doesn't fail.
    Marshall Mosty

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    What if it does hahah. You just pull in and quit lol!