Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pads for ST-40 calipers. What do you like and who do you get them from?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I purchased the Porterfield R4's but still have not installed them. Ask Dan he runs them and they are only $230.00.

JJ
    Threw on a set of hawk DTC 70's at hallett as I thought that was all we had in the spates box. Not bad compared to the 01 but had a tin of fade at the end of the 30 minute race. Not sure on price but think they are around half that of the PFC.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Threw on a set of hawk DTC 70's at hallett as I thought that was all we had in the spates box. Not bad compared to the 01 but had a tin of fade at the end of the 30 minute race. Not sure on price but think they are around half that of the PFC.
    I ran Hawks also. $180 but if you make use of their contingency then they'll cost $30

Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    I ran Hawks also. $180 but if you make use of their contingency then they'll cost $30
    Hmm, may need to look into that but honestly, I don't like the feel of them as with some heat, I got pad fade at hallett, but Misty's car does need more brake cooling...well actual brake cooling would be good! I have been spoiled by the 01's for years. When I put the Alcon's on the front of the mustang, my pad cost went to nearly $400 just for the fronts....I may need to reconsider Hawks....however, by going to the 14"/13" setup front and rear, my pad life has MORE than doubled and I was already getting 4 to 5 events on front pads. I think I have 20-25 sessions on the front pads right now and they are barely 1/2 worn. Having too much brake is a damn nice thing!
    Ah, fugg it.

FYI on Hawk Contingency vouchers.

Pretty simple process, use the Hawk Performance website and once at checkout apply the code to receive the discount. I discovered that they do not allow stacking of codes but talked to their customer service folks and they say this will be fixed before Nationals in August.

End result for me. I like the pads and I like 'em more now there is less money flowing from my hip pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    FYI on Hawk Contingency vouchers.

Pretty simple process, use the Hawk Performance website and once at checkout apply the code to receive the discount. I discovered that they do not allow stacking of codes but talked to their customer service folks and they say this will be fixed before Nationals in August.

End result for me. I like the pads and I like 'em more now there is less money flowing from my hip pocket
    Yeah, but when fading brakes costs me $400-800 in tires for one race.....I'll splurge a little on pads.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I agree Matt. When my pads cost me $350 and last 5 events, that is only $30/event more than pads that are $200.
    I'll gladly pay the extra $30 to have a pad I know and love!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Wondering if anyone opinion has changed since I started this thread.
    We are moving away from the Pagid's for obvious reasons and probably the APR's as well. Current thought is to use the R4s unless something else really jumps out.