Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride alongs

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ride alongs

I am in need of some brave souls to ride with me an critique/suggest improvements. I'd like to get a commitment from at least two guys for some HPDE Sessions. I was pretty well off the pace @houston and would least like to achieve back marker status by Saturday.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    I am in need of some brave souls to ride with me an critique/suggest improvements. I'd like to get a commitment from at least two guys for some HPDE Sessions. I was pretty well off the pace @houston and would least like to achieve back marker status by Saturday.
    I'm not sure if I know enough to give any constructive feedback, but I'd love to go for a ride.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I'll be willing to ride along.

Also, I have a work buddy that wants to ride along for anyone who has a passenger seat. Mark, if you are too tired to take yours out, I'll pay for the gas for a session to go "play" in HPDE 3/4...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if I can help but I would be glad to ride with you.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I'll be willing to ride along.

Also, I have a work buddy that wants to ride along for anyone who has a passenger seat. Mark, if you are too tired to take yours out, I'll pay for the gas for a session to go "play" in HPDE 3/4...
    Sorry, my extra seat isn't in the car, and it's going to take a passenger that is equipped differently that you or me for me to put it back in.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Sorry, my extra seat isn't in the car, and it's going to take a passenger that is equipped differently that you or me for me to put it back in.
    Mark,
    Oh well... They don't have that type of "equipment"...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    For those like me who are not going to Cresson, I will be running my street Mustang around TWS this Saturday. Maybe I'll see you there. White 91 LX hatch, in the blue group (solo).
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Ross, bring the car to a PDS event in April or sign up for the track guys event at TWS on march 29th and 30th. Ask for me as your instructor and we can work out your bad habits as well as get you some Cheatin' Bastard practice for the April NASA race. I have already ridden right seat with you before and know where to start. I also might feel safe in your car as I know the cage builder!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Ross, bring the car to a PDS event in April or sign up for the track guys event at TWS on march 29th and 30th. Ask for me as your instructor and we can work out your bad habits as well as get you some Cheatin' Bastard practice for the April NASA race. I have already ridden right seat with you before and know where to start. I also might feel safe in your car as I know the cage builder!
    I'm gonna try and make that happen.

Thank you guys for all the advice this weekend! Even if I wanted to do extra sessions it wouldn't happen having to do Tech and race. Dave and Will are working with me to try and find a solution. I don't have any time to work on my driving. Aka, watching video/ talking to you guys/ adjusting the car, etc. Plus I've put in two years and have yet to miss an event. I think I've earned some car time
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Even if I wanted to do extra sessions it wouldn't happen having to do Tech and race.
    such is life as an Offical - BT,DT - 10th season as some sort of official for me. Those extra test/practice days are where you'll make headway on your driving. Get in all you can
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"