Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TWS on last leg

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Considering how much ol' Bernie charges to have F1 show up I'd be surprised to see them money ahead yet. Revenue =/= profit. Got a financial report or something you can link us to?

Matt - appreciate the insight. Thanks!
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    Considering how much ol' Bernie charges to have F1 show up I'd be surprised to see them money ahead yet. Revenue =/= profit. Got a financial report or something you can link us to?
    I agree. If you can make your money back that fast ol' Bernie would have people putting half a billion dollars in his hand just to get a race weekend. If you could make it back in four or five years. I doubt they have paid all the debts in two years but maybe so. I damn sure don't know anything about it.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    City Council meeting tonight at 7pm - hope some of y'all that are a bit more local can make it and put some good $0.02 worth in....
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I'm sure everyone knows that they voted to level our favorite track. It's a sad day for Motorsports in Texas. Will and Dave said they will post their thoughts later, interested to see what they have to say. Change is not always bad but this sucks!
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    So I'm sure everyone knows that they voted to level our favorite track. It's a sad day for Motorsports in Texas. Will and Dave said they will post their thoughts later, interested to see what they have to say. Change is not always bad but this sucks!
    No-I didn't know this. So the City approved something I guess. But what has to happen before demolition starts? Any hurdles that have to be cleared?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    Not sure of the details but the city council gave it the green light so it's demise is inevitable. The time frame I have no idea. I'm sure Matt will chime in here shortly with more details

There's bound to be a lot of lead in the soil from leaded fuel being used over the years.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A sad day.

JJ

Blog Entries
    They want to go racing but destroy our track

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/a....html?mode=jqm

And yes I know A&M had nothing to do with the track tear down