Thread: T5 Road Race 5th gear and/or T5 transmission

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar

T5 Road Race 5th gear and/or T5 transmission

I have an extra strong road race 18/31 fifth gear ratio for a T5 that I no longer need. This gives a very nice .86 gear ratio when used on a standard 3.35:1 T5 gear box that came from the factory on 5.0 Mustangs. Perfect for the long, high speed straight of the upcoming TWS events. If you don't have an appropriate 5th gear, you are dead meat at the end of the straight...

My fifth gear is shown here next to the stock fifth gear to highlight the difference in strength:

This fifth gear is attached to the T5 that is currently in my race car. The T5 works fine but has been in there for a lot of track miles and needs a serious going through. I can sell the 5th gear by itself or attached to the transmission. I won't sell the transmission without the 5th gear until the 5th has been sold. I'm switching to a fresh T5 that has a different input ratio so this fifth gear won't work very well with it.

If the numbers at the top don't make any sense to you or you want to know how to swap the fifth gear in a T5, check out this post for more information:
    http://www.aicmctexas.com/showthread...-for-Ford-T5-s

The gear/transmission will be available after the first weekend in April or sooner if my new transmission comes in. $150 for the 5th gear. $150 for the T5 transmission with a stock 5th gear. $250 for the T5 transmission with the fancy 5th gear.

Richard P.
    Attached Images Attached Images