Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo RR costs????

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Toyo RR costs????

I just ordered a set and was not expecting the price I was charged. I will not say if it was high or low, just not what I was expecting.

$600 in Toyo Bucks and I was charged $436 delivered to my door. That's $1036 for a set of tires.

Is that what you guys are seeing?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Mine were $986. But yah pretty close. Expect to drop a grand every weekend on these things if you want to stay at the front. They last a lot longer on a lighter car which was why I was all for them but didn't know that on our heavy tanks they would start fading on the 6th heat cycle and go away. They act very similar to Hoosiers.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 04-02-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Mine were $1004

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A set every race weekend is not what CMC was supposed to be about. I hope that does not turn out to be true. Giving up a second or two because your tires have one race weekend on them will not be any better for us than the 888's were. I hope your wrong. But I'm not saying you are.

JJ

Ive used prob 8 sets so far on the SI car so I think one set per weekend for optimal lap times is accurate. Now there is still plenty of tread left on them after the weekend just not much grip.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Where are you ordering from Aaron?

Best heat cycles for me on the first set were 2 through 8. 9-12 were ok but losing grip fast, and i just screwed around on them for 13-18. Nothing really left grip wise after 14 or 15.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    How many heat cycles could you get on a set of 4/5-32 shaved RA1's before they started falling off? What kind of differences in lap times did you see vs. the RA1's?

I'm really wishing I would have brought my RR's this past weekend to compare...

I'm seeing them for more like $1200 for the 18" size. Where are you seeing them for ~$1K? Or is that for 17s?

I get all mine from tire rack since I have an account through my business. So my prices will be lower than what is normal. But ~$1k is for 17's. Retail on the 18's is $1200 Mike.

The RR sticks better than the RA1's by a little bit under cornering in that 1-6 heat cycle sweet spot but I always bought my RA1's for CMC car at 3/32 so they always stuck pretty well.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    $1110 shipped from Appalachian Race Tire

$275 in Toyo Bucks plus $280 cash for a pair...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...