Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 Camaro SS part out

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar

2000 Camaro SS part out

Last year, I picked up a 2000 Camaro SS, with a salvage title. The guy I bought it from didn't know why it had a salvage title. The reason he was selling it was that 'a friend' slid the car sideways 4 wheels over a curb, bending/breaking all four wheels and at least the rear axle. Use suspension components at own risk.

M̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶H̶O̶A̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶i̶g̶h̶b̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶b̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶b̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶u̶r̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶ ̶(̶'̶0̶2̶ ̶V̶6̶ ̶C̶a̶m̶a̶r̶o̶)̶,̶ ̶L̶e̶i̶n̶a̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶'̶a̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶i̶g̶s̶l̶i̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶'̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶e̶.̶

The car has now been torn apart and the stuff is good to go. I can bring anything to MSR-H.

Car is Red, t-tops, 172k miles. I'm guessing at prices for now. Let me know if something seems way out of line, or make an offer.

$20 32mm Front Sway bar
    $10 Steering wheel w/ radio controls (airbag not included)
    $10 Steering column, loose
    $60 Front brake calipers and rotors (pair)
    $40 T-Top cloth/fabric panel inserts / sunshades
    $10 Rear parcel shelf

---------------------------------------

Already Spoken for...
    LS1/T56, and associated parts, clutch slave etc plus wiring - Me
    Driveshaft - Me
    Gas tank - Me
    Brakes - Me
    Gauge cluster - Me
    Brake booster / master - Me
    Diff - Laura's dad
    Battery tray - Laura's dad
    Headlights - Ross
    Front bumper - Morgan
    Rockers/Quarters - Pranav
    Front lower control arms/spindles - Ben
    Fender Brackets - Bryan
    SS Spoiler/Hatch - CL
    SS Hood w/ struts - CL
    ABS unit 4-channel - Gary H.
    Front Fenders - Gary H.
    front bumper cover - Gary H.
    rear bumper cover - Gary H.
    Doors, no panels - Gary H.
    SS Rear Berger panel (black) - Gary H.
    Black/Tan interior panels - Gary H.
    Steering rack - Gary H.
    Center Console - Gary H.
    Hood Hinges - Gary H.
    Hatch struts - Gary H.
    Dash - CL
    Fog lights - CL
    Kmember and T56 crossmember - Al
    T-Tops - CL
    Airbox with K&N filter - CL
    Billet grill - CL
    Cloth seats - CL
    Flowmaster muffler and tips - CL
    Rear bumper (with impact plastic thingy) - CL

Claimed
    $3.50 - Frame horns - Morgan

PICTURES HERE
    https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5052866894/pp9y8
    Last edited by Alien; 07-06-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: lowered some prices
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I need the hood hinges, various front end brackets around the front of the fenders and bumpers. I might be interested in a fender depending on condition. What's the front/rear bumper and bumper cover difference? I may want the hatch. Waiting till after Hallet might be good to see what I need.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    In addition to the pass. Rocker/quarter, can I have the torque arm bracket inner and outer shell/bushings for $20, and the lower shift boot for $10?

No rush, of course I'll be ready to come help cut it up when you're ready after Hallett.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    What shape are the front seats in? I could use them for a different project if in decent shape.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    $20 ABS unit 4-channel,

Jim may be interested in this.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I need the hood hinges, various front end brackets around the front of the fenders and bumpers. I might be interested in a fender depending on condition. What's the front/rear bumper and bumper cover difference? I may want the hatch. Waiting till after Hallet might be good to see what I need.
    I think Morgan just needs the steel bumper beam, and the frame horns for lack of a better word. Bumper covers are just the urethane bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    In addition to the pass. Rocker/quarter, can I have the torque arm bracket inner and outer shell/bushings for $20, and the lower shift boot for $10?
    Um, no. That's kinda - T56, and associated parts. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    What shape are the front seats in? I could use them for a different project if in decent shape.
    Seats are from Laura's dads 2002 V6 (we're trading him out the black leather T/A ones currently in the SS). Cloth seats, IIRC, pretty good shape. He's a smoker, so maybe a burn mark.

I'll try grab some pictures if I can make it home before dark this week.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    the steel bumper beam, and the frame horns for lack of a better word. Bumper covers are just the urethane bits.
    yeah, i just need the front bumper beam, the 'frame horn' brackets on the pass side, and maybe the 3-bolts & plastic deally-bop that holds the bumper beam on to the frame horn brackets.
    Dust Collector

Blog Entries
    Did the bumper beam change in '98? I know the impact absorber did, not sure about the beam...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    $20 ABS unit 4-channel,

Jim may be interested in this.
    Yes, he would be interested.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Blog Entries
    Gary I need these two brackets. One is an L shaped bracket and the other attaches to it. Basically I will take any of the front bumper area brackets. And one with the hand.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24