Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallett RV options?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Hallett RV options?

So I am trying to figure out a way for my wife and 3 week old baby to stay at the track, does Hallett have any onsite RV rentals? I am assuming this is what Michael did at TWS.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Hallett doesn't have any RV rentals. You either two with one, or camp in a tent.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tyler,

I know David and Frank rented RV's from someone two years ago (I don't know about last year). The company delivered them prior to the race weekend then picked them up afterwards.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Tyler,

I know David and Frank rented RV's from someone two years ago (I don't know about last year). The company delivered them prior to the race weekend then picked them up afterwards.

Jerry
    www.nationalrvrentals.info - yes, the site seems sketchy but they have been fine. Kinda. Was like pulling teeth a couple years a ago and one year we had to pick it up in Tulsa and do the shuttle thing. And, not cheap.

Here's what I'm thinking this year... don't ruin this for me. A 20'+ U haul box truck is $40/day - you still have to go pickup/dropoff but I think there's a Home Depot on the west side of Tulsa that is open Sunday. A couple 2X2s, some roll plastic and $120 window A/C... voila, comfortable, dry, sleeping arrangements.

Or, I'll be begging car Hauler Hotel floor space or in the tent.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    David,

My brother races motorcycles and he says a lot of guys run the Dodge Sprinter van.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter

It's made by Mercedes and has a diesel engine that they let idle all day and all night running both front and rear airs. From what I'm told it will freeze you out no matter how hot is is outside. There is a lot of room in these things and I assume the diesel will pull the race car with no problem.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I think Raegan and I will be leaving the little one at home for Hallett. Kaitlynn doesn't really appreciate the late night karaoke / drinking like we do!!

And when I say "leave at home", I mean with the grandparents, not at home by herself.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I think Raegan and I will be leaving the little one at home for Hallett. Kaitlynn doesn't really appreciate the late night karaoke / drinking like we do!!

And when I say "leave at home", I mean with the grandparents, not at home by herself.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was looking up the number for child and family services.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I was looking up the number for child and family services.

JJ
    You and me both
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Anyone know the scoop on what services are available for RVs? Looks like my wife's uncle is going to let us borrow his for the weekend. Didn't see any info on the Hallett website about RV services/fees.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Anyone know the scoop on what services are available for RVs? Looks like my wife's uncle is going to let us borrow his for the weekend. Didn't see any info on the Hallett website about RV services/fees.
    There are electrical hookups (20 amp, 30 amp, and 50 amp) scattered all over the paddock. You pay (at least in years past) $20.00 per weekend for 20 AMP $30.00 for 30 AMP etc. There are a few places to fill up with water but you can't stay hooked up to water (ask me how I know). There are zero sewer hook-ups.

JJ