Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: results coming soon.

Senior Member Grass-Passer

results coming soon.

Official results coming soon. R4 will be pending till Tylers dyno, but you can use R1 and R3 for toyo as soon as I get settled at the track and can crunch tonight.

Sorry for the delay, short week with back to backs.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    Short week with back to backs.
    That means you must be successful and hanging around a long time.

Thanks for the update, Dave.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Should have posted this yesterday. Sorry for the delay. All NASA Officials have been notified.

Here is the data we collected on the post race inspection of Tyler Gardner's car.

Runs 1-4 HP/TQ
    262/303
    261/307
    260/303
    264/305
    I tossed run #5 as it was 237hp. The car was very hot w/ that pull.

Average of runs 1-3 is 261hp and under 310 tq.
    Average of runs 2-4 is 262hp and under 310tq.
    Using the runs 2-4 as they average as a worst case scenario results in a minimum weight of 3125lbs. His lowest of 3 recorded weights was 3126lbs.

As of this time, I consider his car as legal and the race results for CMC can become Official.

I also informed Tyler that going forward that his current method of restriction would not be allowed. Although the car was legal on the dyno, there was evidence of the filter allowing air to bypass it while on track. Since we cannot prove any non-compliance, his results stand. He has been required to find a more rigid and durable method of restriction.

If anyone has any questions about this, get w/ me offline and I will answer them for you the best I can.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Glenn-thanks for the update and the time to go to the dyno. I'm sure everyone appreciates it especially Tyler. Glad to hear it's all legal but not surprised the numbers were much higher than before.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Glenn-thanks for the update and the time to go to the dyno. I'm sure everyone appreciates it especially Tyler. Glad to hear it's all legal but not surprised the numbers were much higher than before.
    Yes indeed, thanks for coming out Glenn. I can't believe how close it was, a trip to the bathroom before R4 would have probably put me under weight.
    I will have a solid alum restrictor for Hallett, hopefully I can avoid the dirty looks at Hallett. Thanks again.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's your background Tyler? Maybe a little driving resume sharing will create some "oh that's why!"
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    What's your background Tyler? Maybe a little driving resume sharing will create some "oh that's why!"
    I'll take "he has a "few" laps around TWS," Alex.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

FWIW I never thought there was an issue with you Tyler. I passed you on the front straight and you passed me, I saw you pass others and get passed. Getting on the gas just a hair early/late can easily cost .5 second down that front straight. When you split the two cars down the middle and walked by them I was behind you guys. They went through 2-1 side by side (or damn close, one was outside the other inside) so had no where near the run that you did. I gained just as much ground on them as you did.

I do understand the point of wanting someone there to witness the dyno though, and I'm glad everything worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    I ran the full regional NASA schedule last year sans NOLA in Time Trials, TTB. I've been to TWS a few times with NASA and run a lemons race there. ECR is my "home" track (lemons, DE, TT, Toy Run), then MSR-C, I've run the 3.1, 1.3, and the 1.7(TT, PCA TT, DE).
    I've done Texas Time Trials, PCA Time Trials, AutoX, and DE's at various places(COTA, and others mentioned above).
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Tyler was always pretty quick in TTB which is our deepest / most arms-racey class fighting with a turbo-Miata against E46M3s and well prep'd S2000s on sticker Hoosiers while Tyler would be on stuff he'd scrounge up used off the tire service guys at times it looked like. Not surprised to see him jump over and be fairly quick right off the bat in a different car. Although I wish he'd paint it or something LOL!
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 05-05-2014 at 04:38 PM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"