Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can-Am resto

Can-Am resto

Here's a long shot. Anyone know of a Can-Am car for sale in need of restoration. Big ass wing early 70s preferred.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Here's a long shot. Anyone know of a Can-Am car for sale in need of restoration. Big ass wing early 70s preferred.
    Just want to be first to say that if you end up with a big block Can-Am car... you suck.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Just want to be first to say that if you end up with a big block Can-Am car... you suck.
    If I end up with one I think I agree with you but am prepared to accept the suckiness.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    more discussion on the cars than anything but some sources to find ads / buy / whatever too
    http://www.roadraceautox.com/showthr...ighlight=CanAm
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    Check CVAR... I remember one of the "Shadows" passing me on the back straight at TWS ... the closing speed of a CanAm car to a 76 Mini Cooper was impressive to say the least... Jason was riding with me and we were 2/3rds the way down the straight and Jason screamed "its the Shadow!!"... he caught me at turn in to 7

There was also late 60s early 70s wingless McLaren

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Check CVAR... I remember one of the "Shadows" passing me on the back straight at TWS ... the closing speed of a CanAm car to a 76 Mini Cooper was impressive to say the least... Jason was riding with me and we were 2/3rds the way down the straight and Jason screamed "its the Shadow!!"... he caught me at turn in to 7

There was also late 60s early 70s wingless McLaren

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2011/05/for-sale-shadow/

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Thanks David. One just like that for about a 1/3rd of the price covered in lots of dust from years of storage and in need of a full restoration will be perfect. The McLarens are sweet too, there's one for sale right now at $300K....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    If ever in the Midland, Texas area, be sure to stop by the Petroleum Museum and visit the Jim Hall/Chaparral Racing display. All of Jim Hall's race cars are on display including the famous "sucker" car. It is an outstanding collection and display.

http://petroleummuseum.org/chaparral-gallery-exhibits/
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Bill Dollahite has a can am car at Driveway Austin but I doubt he'd ever sell it. You could ask though. It's a v6 spec car from the late 80's early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Dave. I suck