Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Hallett Media

I'm not convinced that the blame is 100% on the red car. Seems like he moved to the right a bit too.
    Too bad. Can't imagine wrecking a newly purchased car.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Per the CCR, if the red car does not have rights to position - tire at the door - he must yield to the lead car. It is just that simple. The red car must also make some attempt to avoid. I didnt see that either. No tire in the grass, no brakes.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    95+% red car fault... pretty cut and dry.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    I see it 100% red cars fault. The lead car can move over and get the preferred line since the red car does not have rights to position.
    The lead car was considering a pass and decided it wasn't going to work and we getting behind that car and back on the line. The red car should have yielded since he had no rights to stay there and defend that position.

Blog Entries
    One thing I have learned over the years, just because the rulebook allows you to do something, doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

But that doesn't mean the lead car assumes any fault in the contact. Just the resulting price that was paid.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I said the figure I did because there's always *something* you could've done to avoid getting hit. Maybe something completely unrealistic, but something. 95 minuswhale be 100.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Definitely the red cars fault... It didn't look intentional, just trying to move back in place behind the black car...but misjudged and tapped the rear bumper enough to spin the car out.

Terrible feeling I would imagine from both parties involved.

Not a lot to say except what a fun weekend. Check the tire pressures, put fuel in, check the oil and race. I had great starts on all 4 races, gave up position making some driving errors in 1, 2 & 3. That battle with Casey in race 4 has been talked about many times in the last week. If I haven't mentioned it before I've had a great time learning and driving with this group. I have some tweaking to do before NOLA in Sept. Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Not a lot to say except what a fun weekend. Check the tire pressures, put fuel in, check the oil and race. I had great starts on all 4 races, gave up position making some driving errors in 1, 2 & 3. That battle with Casey in race 4 has been talked about many times in the last week. If I haven't mentioned it before I've had a great time learning and driving with this group. I have some tweaking to do before NOLA in Sept. Thanks to everyone for a memorable weekend.
    I gather from context that this is Bill Swendsen....
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

You gather correctly. mtpockets, that's me. Find that 8.8 you were looking for? Coming to NOLA in Sept? Long haul for the N/Tx guys.