Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about wakeboards?

Senior Member Grass-Passer

Anyone know anything about wakeboards?

Looking to pick up a wakeboard. Any particular brand/model I should look for? What features do I need to look for? I'll probably troll Craigslist to try to find a used one before buying a brand new one.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jay and BL should know enough to help you.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I know enough to know that I only need a basic board at my skill level... and more importantly ..... my age.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    Looking to pick up a wakeboard. Any particular brand/model I should look for? What features do I need to look for? I'll probably troll Craigslist to try to find a used one before buying a brand new one.
    Igloo...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    Igloo...
    Yes, that is the brand I prefer. Though more for kneeboarding. I really haven't done alot of wakeboarding and not real sure what brand the two are that I have since a friend gave them to me. I would suggest you contact the other guy with a piece of metal in his head who got it from wakeboarding-give Mark Smith a call at Eagle Marine in Fort Worth.

Luckily he didn't have one at Hallett or a 150 ft rope-though if the rope would have been there maybe Hallett's pond would have seen some kids ski's.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    There's that wakeboarding place next to Cresson. I've broken so many damn igloo coolers that I should have a spare lid or two I could bring...

Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    I would suggest going to http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake.aspx and buying a blemished one from their outlet. We bought a Ronix Mana board from the outlet and there was just 1 tiny mark on it. I'm not good enough to tell you what brand to buy but look for something that is just for all skill levels. You may outgrow a beginner board very quickly and probably wont ever need a professional style board.

I think the real wakeboaders prefer the closed toe bindings, but we went with open toed CWB bindings since we knew multiple people with different sized feet would use it.

Evo also has a buying guide. http://www.evo.com/how-to-choose-a-w...ize-chart.aspx

-Jay

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Jay, thanks for the buying guide link, that's just what I was looking for. You think I should just skip the beginner-intermediate boards and go straight to intermediate? I've never wakeboarded, but I can slalom ski and I did learn to ride a skurfboard years ago skurfer.jpg. I've also been riding stand-up jet skis for 15 years or so, and always rode goofy foot (feet in the tray in a similar style to how you would ride a wakeboard).
    Last edited by blk96gt; 07-04-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    We have bought a few boards from EVO also.

Here are my mad skills from the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Here are my mad skills from the weekend.
    Yeah. I got none of that.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!