Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know anything about wakeboards?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    You should wakeboard more... maybe sell something and buy your own boat. But do come hang out on Saturaday nights.
    I like the way you're thinking. I'll sell enough stock to buy a boat, with a little left over for some new go-fast parts for the car. Great idea!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Got the board/bindings in last week and gave it a shot this weekend. I ended up getting a 2013 CWB Faction 144cm (it was $201 when I ordered it) and some Liquid Force open toe bindings.

Getting up proved the easiest part of the endeavor. Navigating wake to wake turned out to be more of a challenge than I expected though. After numerous face plants and lake water enemas, I was able to carve (not jump) from wake to wake by the end of the weekend. I'm only going heal-side (both directions) over the wake right now. Trying to go toe-side still feels too awkward. Still feel a bit awkward when I have my right foot forward as well, but I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point. I was also in for a surprise the first time I pulled a 180. I had too much weight on my heels, and as soon as I was almost all the way around the board dug in and I proceeded to shoot outside the wake at an uncomfortable speed. Trying to carve toe-side feels awkward as hell. If the weather cooperates I'll be back out again this weekend for another round of punishment.

I set my bindings up with both toes ducked out ~12* or so on the inner most holes on the board. I thought about mounting the bindings further out, but to me it seems like it puts my feet too far outside of my shoulders and would end up being harder on the knees. How does everyone else have their bindings set up?
    Last edited by blk96gt; 07-22-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I had to purchase a new board after I ripped my bindings a couple of weeks ago. I bought a Liquid Force Witness 144 that arrived yesterday. I will try it out this weekend... and see if I can get bigger air with a board that will cut sharper.