Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationals

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    That's the problem with reading print on a screen. Haha

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    The 55 has definetly turned it up a notch over the last year. Almost like flipping a switch??
    Oh wait, where's Glenn. That's illegal. BRYAN!!!
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    You obviously haven't run AI at nationals then.... I can recall at least 4 events that were a joke.
    not everyone can be as awesome as you I guess

How bad are we talking? 10 sec/lap off the pace? Lapped more than once? Totally clueless to traffic?
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 07-15-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Plus having somewhat of a real tech inspection is a plus also.
    Wow! Thanks dude!
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    Wow! Thanks dude!
    They generally inspect a good list of items for compliance at nationals. I can't remember the last time we were inspected for anything but weight and socks. Generally, tech is supposed to do the inspection. Series management is supposed to request what they would like tech to inspect...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    not everyone can be as awesome as you I guess

How bad are we talking? 10 sec/lap off the pace? Lapped more than once? Totally clueless to traffic?
    Ken, you ASSume too much. The Joke was how the rules weren't enforced and the event was run like the YMCA where it was "it's ok because we're ok"...RETARDED....however, thank you for acknowledging my awesomeness!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    They generally inspect a good list of items for compliance at nationals. I can't remember the last time we were inspected for anything but weight and socks. Generally, tech is supposed to do the inspection. Series management is supposed to request what they would like tech to inspect...

Richard P.
    Very much aware of that. I get aggravated when people suggest that we aren't thorough. I am always paying attention to all classes and looking to spot things that are not with class rules for all series. I report those to the series directors regularly. What they do with them is beyond my control. I catch things all the time, like coil packs that aren't within the rules, glove box covers that are absent, bumper covers from a "not allowed" model, hell I've seen people with the wrong type of ECU.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    So we can handle this a few ways... I can submit a tech sheet with a bunch of stuff and hold everyone hostage for 15-20 minutes post race as people cook in their monkey suits and hit more items that take time to police, or we can do the bare minimum and use the evil "trust" word... I've been more relaxed this year with tech plans to see how it worked. I personally have not had a single person approach me about the lack of tech, or they thought someone was trying to get away with something. For that, there is always a protest form.

So, if each one of you want to send me your thoughts, I can certainly ramp up the inspections post-race, do spot inspection in the pits, etc...

Remember, Glenn and I work for you.

Oh, and also, if you want more tech AND want to keep bouncing into each other, we are going to be in tech a LONG time... Most races I spend 15-30 minutes AFTER the majority of you leave dealing with contact forms, reviewing video, and consulting the RD and CCR's.
    Last edited by marshall_mosty; 07-16-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    hell I've seen people with the wrong type of ECU.
    Little good it does me...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very much aware of that. I get aggravated when people suggest that we aren't thorough. I am always paying attention to all classes and looking to spot things that are not with class rules for all series. I report those to the series directors regularly. What they do with them is beyond my control. I catch things all the time, like coil packs that aren't within the rules, glove box covers that are absent, bumper covers from a "not allowed" model, hell I've seen people with the wrong type of ECU.
    Ross, I for one (and I bet all of the rest of the AI/CMC crowd) are thankful to have you doing our tech. I know it's a thankless job but I appreciate the time you give. I think Aaron was just saying at nationals (if ran correctly) you should know you got beat by a better driver and not a cheater. We don't have time for all that at our local races.

JJ