Thread: Why I am OK with missing a few races a year these days........

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I didn't make the commitment to race untill my kids were grown and Amber was out of softball. Then I made the mistake of adding them to the team (just kidding). There is no way I could have expected them to stand by and watch, besides once they start to drive they always know a better way to do it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    You guys wanting to get family involved in racing is a cool idea...in theory. However, in REALITY, having more than one race car is a NIGHTMARE unless you don't have a day job. Trust me, just have one car and share it....much fewer headaches!

P.S.....anyone need a lemons car?! LOL!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    You guys wanting to get family involved in racing is a cool idea...in theory. However, in REALITY, having more than one race car is a NIGHTMARE unless you don't have a day job. Trust me, just have one car and share it....much fewer headaches!

P.S.....anyone need a lemons car?! LOL!
    Just as I have thought and the reason Jay and I share the 55.

JJ

We have been doing this as a family ever since a friend took us to a go kart race when Jack was 5. We both raced karts and did one race in cars together. I would not trade one moment of the time or money spent doing this for anything. I feel pretty fortunate to have a 19yr old that still likes hanging out with his mom and dad and appreciates everything we do so that we can go racing.