That's cool Glenn-I'm jealous. Jerry is right-I have seen this with my stepdaughter-now she is 16 and has become a ghost. I also envy Jerry's setup with Jay-at times I wish my Dad would be out there but unless I drag race he isn't going to have the interest. So I dream about being like Jerry and racing with my son-of course I don't dream about being slow and old like Jerry!!
I think it's better if they have an activity or sport that they can focus on which keeps them busy and hopefully involves the entire family somehow. It's my opinion that kids care about you being there and home when they are 16 and under. They aren't going to care what you are doing when they are in college. So take advantage of the window as you only have about 8 years left-you will still be young enough to race by then-just look at Randy! I know when I missed ECR last year taking my daughter camping I realized that there is no way I would pick the track over a weekend like that with her. Though, I came back from Hallett talking about trying to get the whole family up there somehow. That was until my wife heard about waterski's, rope, and a 4 wheeler heading to the pond. Guess I'll do some cheatin bastard wakeboarding this weekend to get ready for next year.