Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Nationals - updates

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

2014 Nationals - updates

Guys, I know y'all are probably super busy there at Nationals but if you have time to give some updates it will be greatly appreciated.

I saw times this morning for Patterson and Mark in AI, Sammy in CMC, and Aaron, Jack, Bill, and Dennis in SI.
    Good luck everyone!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know Corey had twenty flats on the borrowed enclosed trailer and DD brought him his open trailer. I saw only one session for Corey and he was four or five seconds behind Aaron.

Also I saw the Eriik S. guy the one that won CMC with the baby car seat in the race car then drove the car home turned in a time even faster than Patterson (two seconds faster). Don't know what class he is in but he is driving a Mustang.

Boudy flew up this morning to hang out with Corey and his gang.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 08-28-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Super hot today. I ran 12 heat cycle tires all day and was 2nd fastest behind miller who mainly ran new tires but only a few tenths faster haha. He told me he wasn't running all his weight though so it should be very close tomm for the race. The Dyno has been a HUGE problem. The weather station on the Dyno reads incorrectly so tonight at the drivers meeting Will Faules announced tomm they will be doing Dyno runs WITHOUT corrections. So who knows what cars will pass being that we will be first in the morning when it's cool out.

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Super hot today. I ran 12 heat cycle tires all day and was 2nd fastest behind miller who mainly ran new tires but only a few tenths faster haha. He told me he wasn't running all his weight though so it should be very close tomm for the race. The Dyno has been a HUGE problem. The weather station on the Dyno reads incorrectly so tonight at the drivers meeting Will Faules announced tomm they will be doing Dyno runs WITHOUT corrections. So who knows what cars will pass being that we will be first in the morning when it's cool out.
    I've always thought humility was summed up pretty well by Texas' own Buster Welch, who said "if you lose, say nothing. If you win, say less"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Good luck guys. Anyone know how the race was today? I don't see results on racemonitor?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I haven't seen anything official but while I was watching it it looked like Mike was 4th and Mark was 6th in AI. Aaron was 1st with Corey 2nd in SI. The timer said "Final" at the top right but I have yet to see any results posted.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    It's final. Texas laid the smack down on the east coast!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    It's final. Texas laid the smack down on the east coast!
    Whoop! Good work guys... how did AI go?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Time for meaningless rule change threads to pop up on the national forum! Congrats guys.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Looks like Aaron and Corey had a great race this morning. Patterson appeared to be 1/2 second off the pace, but had a good battle thru the race for the 6/7 position (not sure where he ended up).
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...