Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NOLA: anyone have info on the format of the weekend?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Ah, I thought it was 100%
    It's all about the Benjamins baby
    Yeah, a lot of Benjamin's. I got to watch my race group go out once from my students car .....a race group which I was on ST2 pole and would easily won TWO Hoosiers....about $650 worth. Racers can't be instructors if they can get screwed.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Yeah, a lot of Benjamin's. I got to watch my race group go out once from my students car .....a race group which I was on ST2 pole and would easily won TWO Hoosiers....about $650 worth. Racers can't be instructors if they can get screwed.
    Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    So.... you, uh.... won't be needing that freshly painted car then...
    I have seriously considered offering it up for sale. Also has new engine that has only one weekend on it. I have created the ad....just keep back and forth on whether or not it is worth selling or just keeping.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    just keep
    fixed it for ya...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    deleted.
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 09-02-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Those of you considering closing shop need to make sure Will hears and understands your position. I THINK its fixable if we head it off at the pass....and no disrespect to Marshall or Glenn, but don't assume your directors are voicing your complete position. Email or call will directly. I did and had a long conversation with him and tried to explain to him some Texas history and discuss how most cars are prepared here. Most don't have fuel cells and the higher powered cars can't make 40-45 minutes. A lot of cars may need reconfigured. Its also hot here....enough said. NOT every region only has 2 races. Tx is NOT the only one running 4. We are not the only rogues. Voice your concerns because if its just a handful of us complaining, he isn't going to take it seriously.

If you remember when Dave came to town, he wanted the format changes as well. In time he came around. This is the same thing part deux.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I have seriously considered offering it up for sale. Also has new engine that has only one weekend on it. I have created the ad....just keep back and forth on whether or not it is worth selling or just keeping.
    Evidently, competitive CMC cars are worth $35K.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Lol!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Those of you considering closing shop need to make sure Will hears and understands your position. I THINK its fixable if we head it off at the pass....and no disrespect to Marshall or Glenn, but don't assume your directors are voicing your complete position. Email or call will directly. I did and had a long conversation with him and tried to explain to him some Texas history and discuss how most cars are prepared here. Most don't have fuel cells and the higher powered cars can't make 40-45 minutes. A lot of cars may need reconfigured. Its also hot here....enough said. NOT every region only has 2 races. Tx is NOT the only one running 4. We are not the only rogues. Voice your concerns because if its just a handful of us complaining, he isn't going to take it seriously.

If you remember when Dave came to town, he wanted the format changes as well. In time he came around. This is the same thing part deux.
    Matt,
    No worries. I will go and fight for the group, but there is nothing keeping individuals to start beating drums and sending letters... We all need to voice our opinion.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    deleted.
    I have more drafted, unsent, deleted emails than I can keep track of.

I hate to agree with Matt, just on the principle. Yes, we all need to let Will know that while fewer races may not run everybody off, it will certainly impact the interest and number of events people attend.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!