Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28 - American Iron Car potentially for sale

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Different strokes for different folks.

Shooting is really fun but for me and just me it does not compare to racing.

Now I have been deep into a lot of different things. I was into golf for awhile where that is all I thought about, also flying small airplanes (general aviation and RC) so I understand about changing hobbies.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Not a prep'er, just an enjoyer.
    There are two of us that use ... Deb is a better shot than I am.

So there are:

two 22LRs
    three 556s (because they are stupid cheap right now)
    one 5.7x28 (because a 22 caliber round that will penetrate kevlar is just cool)
    one 300BLK (pigs)
    two 308s (deer)

All have suppressors.

An SBR is waiting on the tax stamp, a dozen or so 1911s and as many polymer and wheel guns and enough ammo that I could have paid off my mortgage had I sold out at the peak of the panic.

And all for the price of a single CMC race car.
    Wow. If you did all that for the price you sold the CMC car, you did very well.

Imagine what Mike could do if he sold the AI car and got into shooting!
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Not a prep'er, just an enjoyer.
    There are two of us that use ... Deb is a better shot than I am.

So there are:

two 22LRs
    three 556s (because they are stupid cheap right now)
    one 5.7x28 (because a 22 caliber round that will penetrate kevlar is just cool)
    one 300BLK (pigs)
    two 308s (deer)

All have suppressors.

An SBR is waiting on the tax stamp, a dozen or so 1911s and as many polymer and wheel guns and enough ammo that I could have paid off my mortgage had I sold out at the peak of the panic.

And all for the price of a single CMC race car.
    I would love to have that 300BLK with a suppressor

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Wow. If you did all that for the price you sold the CMC car, you did very well.

Imagine what Mike could do if he sold the AI car and got into shooting!

I'd like to take credit as a shrewd trader, but actually was very lucky.
    All the ammo was purchased before the panic.

I bought, sold and traded several guns along the way and have done OK.

One thing I have learned, though ... unlike a CMC car, I can use a gun for a while and pretty much sell or trade it without losing any $$$.
    And ammo and an occasional cotton patch down the barrel is all the consumables and maintenance that's required.

Jerry, if I were racing with my Dad or one of my kids, I'd probably think differently.

Mike's comments mimmick my thoughts back in the day.
    When a hobby turns into work, its no longer a hobby.
    I understand

I do miss many of the people I met along the way.
    Thank you Robert for making the time to call me and let me know about Rueth-a-palooza.
    That meant a lot to me.

Free bump for Mike's car for sale.

Blog Entries
    Mike-I understand where you are coming from and sure could understand you being burned out. You spend more time at the track, working on your car, helping everyone in the world with their car issues that it was bound to happen. I did that to myself one year with a wiring fiasco before TWS in April. After that race the car went on stands and a cover put on it-I dont' think I even knew it was there for around 6 months. I really thought you were going to run a very limited schedule this year too. So, good luck if you sell your car or if you just take a break. Though I'll put money on it that you can't stay out of the game for too long. Let's go SpecE46 racing!

Mitch-quit bringing in the ATF to look at our forum. I'll definitely call before I ever come knocking on your door or snooping around your shop for any leftover F-body parts! Miss you at the track-wish a Chicken Fried Ribeye at Sweety Pie's would be enough to get to come crew chief at ECR-I need help. Though maybe I should focus my efforts on Mike being my crew chief-he is much smaller.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    I would love to have that 300BLK with a suppressor
    The new pig rig is a Remington 700 SPS. Suppressed and subsonic ammo is nothing but a rush of air.
    Traded a Smith 642 for it.

300BLK subsonic will run a carbine length AR but not 308 subsonic in an AR platform.
    I'd have to turn the gas block WAY up.

Bryan,

Meet Mr. Kel-Tec ...

15 rounds of 12g dialogue.
    Traded a Beretta 391 for this guy.

Feels good to come back and trash a thread with a bunch of off-topic jibberish.
    Ah ... the good ole days.
    Last edited by mitchntx; 09-11-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Bryan - I've put it under a cover before, and am not opposed to doing that. It comes down to expenditures for the time being. I've spent way too much this year on only doing three events, and the tire budget just puts me over the edge. SpecE46 does not resolve my tire debacle (they are on the RR also). We'll see if I find the right buyer for the right price. An official listing for the sale will be created after TWS.

I could easily sink another $20k into the car to gain a second. I just can't justify it right now. At some point you have to realize when enough is enough.

I love being at the track, hanging out drinking, BS'ing, and helping others when I can with my limited skills. That probably won't change. I'm just worn out on the spending and wrenching.

Mitch - that's a helluva cool collection. That pig gun is sick! Hmmm..blowing up Fox-bodies - interesting =)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    Bryan - I've put it under a cover before, and am not opposed to doing that. It comes down to expenditures for the time being. I've spent way too much this year on only doing three events, and the tire budget just puts me over the edge. SpecE46 does not resolve my tire debacle (they are on the RR also). We'll see if I find the right buyer for the right price. An official listing for the sale will be created after TWS.

I could easily sink another $20k into the car to gain a second. I just can't justify it right now. At some point you have to realize when enough is enough.

I love being at the track, hanging out drinking, BS'ing, and helping others when I can with my limited skills. That probably won't change. I'm just worn out on the spending and wrenching.

Mitch - that's a helluva cool collection. That pig gun is sick! Hmmm..blowing up Fox-bodies - interesting =)
    Need to blow up S197's! Sorry Mark!

Mike, you are probably a cam swap and a set of heads away from 3 seconds or more. The coyote swap and 120rwhp netted me nearly 5 seconds. Wasn't anywhere near that price you mentioned! Granted, you won't be in AI any more but who cares? Goof off with us knuckle draggers in Blitz and blow the cake eaters off into the weeds. Just trade RD duties with whoever if running thunder. With a few more cars in ST1, we are getting a set of hoo hoos or BFG's each weekend for a win and 2 tires for second and 1 tire for 3rd with 7 cars!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post

Mike sounds so much where I am right now it is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    Need to blow up S197's! Sorry Mark!
    That's OK, everyone knows it's the car and not me.

Besides, If they ever do get rid of the S197 (lucky for me they won't) I'll still sit around and drink everyone else's beer.