Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28 - American Iron Car potentially for sale

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Mike sounds so much where I am right now it is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z View Post
    Bryan - I've put it under a cover before, and am not opposed to doing that. It comes down to expenditures for the time being. I've spent way too much this year on only doing three events, and the tire budget just puts me over the edge. SpecE46 does not resolve my tire debacle (they are on the RR also). We'll see if I find the right buyer for the right price. An official listing for the sale will be created after TWS.

I could easily sink another $20k into the car to gain a second. I just can't justify it right now. At some point you have to realize when enough is enough.

I love being at the track, hanging out drinking, BS'ing, and helping others when I can with my limited skills. That probably won't change. I'm just worn out on the spending and wrenching.

Mitch - that's a helluva cool collection. That pig gun is sick! Hmmm..blowing up Fox-bodies - interesting =)
    I hear you and agree. Why I have to thank Mitch/Glenn for talking me out of going AI with my car when I bought it. It's a great class but not for me. I'm certainly interested in your limited skills helping my heap and I won't make you wrench-but there isn't any coors light in my cooler-but there sure could be.

Well the SpecE46 would be probably 800 lbs lighter than your car, 50% less power, and a lot less money to maintain and no upgrades so it might do a decent job of solving the tire debacle. Though I guess the pinata's may run a new set every weekend?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Though I guess the pinata's may run a new set every weekend?

I was told "if you have more than five heat cycles on your RR's don't expect to finish in the top five".

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    So where's a slacker on RA1s stand? Seems to me the RA1 might be better than the RR once you get enough cycles on the RR huh? I decided not to drink the RR kool-aid this year and see everyone else's thoughts on it, but I need to make a strategic decision for tires next year. My times were farther off than normal for July's race and I can't decide if it was the car, driver, or tires.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Anybody wanna buy a fast car? Only 15,400 miles on the chassis. Driven a few weekends per year.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Anybody wanna buy a fast car? Only 15,400 miles on the chassis. Driven a few weekends per year.
    LOL... at least people are looking at your ad.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    You should advertise as a "low miles, weekend only, always garage kept, One owner, adult driven"... Lol
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

lol Marshall
    Al Fernandez

[QUOTE=smitty328;69629]
    I think I just pissed off someone at Toyo
    QUOTE]

Why should they be pissed and if they are who cares? They built a tire with egregious longevity - TWICE - and f'd up logistics more than once leading to racers having to barter in internet forums just to get tires for races.
    Piss away

Tire contingency has improved since the original post. Thanks Toyo!

Buy the car (always for sale for the right stack o' cash), win free tires!