Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWS Oct. 2014 - Time to sign up!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    There's a PDS event Sept. 27-28 at TWS and they are looking for more instructors. If anyone is wanting to get some cheap track time in and wants to instruct give Denise a call.
    How damn many laps you driven at TWS since the last event Kevin? Guess I better bring my tuner and fix your car up prior to R1.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Kevin,

Do they have an instructors run group? If so what are the passing rules? How many sessions?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I haven't been on track since the beginning of May. It's no fun when it's hot (plus my car has been in pieces for most of the summer).

They have an instructor run group and it's pass anywhere with a point by. You can get at least 4 sessions/day in. If you can find the time/energy you can run up to 8 per day. The run groups are Red(Instructor)/White - White/Yellow - Yellow/Blue Solo - Blue/Blue Solo - Green.

Technically you can run in both the Red/White and White/Yellow sessions. You can do the same if you just sign up as a student in the White group.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I can do this. Have someone get me the details.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    How damn many laps you driven at TWS since the last event Kevin? Guess I better bring my tuner and fix your car up prior to R1.

JJ
    Enough to raise your blood pressure!

He's also had some old farts sitting right seat a few times as well.
    Ah, fugg it.

I backed out of OTD tomorrow at TWS, just way too much rain in the forecast. No rain tires so why waste money and time. I did sign up for OTD before the NASA event in Oct. Is anyone else in this group doing any endurance events? I ran the POS Lemons Fox body at WRL in June, we like it very much. Better format, better cars, some better drivers (damn Pinata ran into us with <2 hrs to go), fewer crap cans, more race cars. We have made some improvements to the Fox in preparation for WRL at TWS in Dec.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Is anyone else in this group doing any endurance events?
    Various combos of folks have - in CMC and AI as well as some crap-can stuff.

But back on topic... OCTOBER TWS! Register early... register often. Probably some supersize opportunities for people with well sorted/unsorted cars and overfunded tire budgets.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Well I may end up having to back out of this event, not sure I'll be able to get everything finished up before the race weekend. I didn't get to work on the car much (or at all) this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to get everything done next weekend. I need to get the wiring harness back in, bolt up the dash support and steering column, install seats, dash, fenders, doors, bumper, and make sure I didn't do anything stupid in the process. Also need to bleed the brakes and change the oil. In theory it should be pretty straight forward, but nothing ever goes like I planned. I may get some time this week to start getting this crap together, but I probably won't be that lucky.

With open track starting at 10am on Fri, is anyone arriving Thur night?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    With open track starting at 10am on Fri, is anyone arriving Thur night?
    Yep. I think I will. Maybe I can get a certain Storm Trouper to hold a spot next to the fence for me. Depends on when they open the rear gate if I will come in Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.

Jerry