Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible new track

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't care if TWS closes if we get the new track. If you had read what the people of that fine town think about us and the track you may change you mind also. They deserve to lose our dollars. I read letter after letter about that eyesore and those loud cars.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    As opposed the Ice Cream eaters throwing a fit about a new track in their backyard? (See: standing room only meetings full of objections about proposal).

College Station is becoming a rich, well-funded college town. Lots of rich, affluent, far-from-rural people flocking to town and bitching about the track that magically appeared out of nowhere in their backyard. In general though, HOA-nazi-weenies exist anywhere, they're just a new phenomenon in College Station as that town grows southward.

I'm hoping the education bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I'm hoping the federally backed financial-aid-loan-as-a-boil-on-your-wallet-for-life bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.
    Fixed it for ya.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    As opposed the Ice Cream eaters throwing a fit about a new track in their backyard? (See: standing room only meetings full of objections about proposal).

College Station is becoming a rich, well-funded college town. Lots of rich, affluent, far-from-rural people flocking to town and bitching about the track that magically appeared out of nowhere in their backyard. In general though, HOA-nazi-weenies exist anywhere, they're just a new phenomenon in College Station as that town grows southward.

I'm hoping the education bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.
    I saw the article but that is just the land owners bitching. There are not that many of them. The people you talk about in CS I don't think understand how much money TWS brings to town.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    I a new track with a good layout, good facilities, proper RV hookups, etc. were to replace a crumbling old TWS, then I'm for it. RV spots with extra long pads where you can pull through with truck and trailer would be so cool!!!!
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I saw the article but that is just the land owners bitching. There are not that many of them. The people you talk about in CS I don't think understand how much money TWS brings to town.

JJ
    I never saw where anyone that does track stuff heard about the event, thus, I wouldn't expect many supporters to know that they should've showed up.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    I never saw where anyone that does track stuff heard about the event, thus, I wouldn't expect many supporters to know that they should've showed up.
    The guy was just looking for a tax abatement. The word got out that it was for a race track and the people that live on or near that road showed up. He withdrew his asking for tax relief. If any of these people have money they could tie this up for a long time. Lets hope they either don't have it or will not chance spending and losing it.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I bet a lot of it is a big bark with no bite.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    More news and official announcement expected later today.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    More news and official announcement expected later today.
    The land owners are going ballistic.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/tex...ack-texas.html

I hope they can't stop it.

JJ