Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible new track

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Possible new track

I talked to a person in the know today about what we were going to do when TWS closes. He told me there is a good possibility we will get a new track in Brenham. The people that live there are raising hell but I don't think they can stop it.

http://kwhi.com/standing-room-only-c...roposed-track/

I hope this happens. I will know more tomorrow. The person I talked to today said TWS is not worth saving even if it was possible.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    It's always funny to me... Arlington uses imminent domain to steal, yes I said - and I mean STEAL - property from people to build Jerry's place but that's ok... it's "for the children." Or the people that move near an airport and complain about, get this, airplane noise.

But a private party buys property for a use some might not completely agree with and they go bonkers. This is freakin' Texas. It's a great private property state. If you want the 1000 acres around your mobile home then shut up and buy it.

Now, is it reasonable and within community standards to have some reasonable restrictions on the land use? Probably.

Just don't drive your racecar all up and down their one lane country roads...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    The person I talked to today said TWS is not worth saving even if it was possible.
    Would like the color on that; location? condition of property? Some pending waterfall event that greatly impacts the operation?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Wow that'd be awesome! Isnt Brenham where Ammunition2Go is also so you can go race and stock up on bullets? Sure would be nice to have enough mula to buy a piece of land and put a track on it.

I can understand that TWS is worth more as condo property than a race track, but its a damn shame.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Call me stubborn, but as an Aggie I don't want to go to Brenham twice a year, I want to go to TWS and College Station.

Wish I were rich, then I'd just buy it and turn it into a NOLA-style complex with skidpad, drag strip, rallyx area, and a shooting range.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Wish I were rich...
    You don't have to be. You just have to convince enough people with, (more than) enough money, that what you want to do makes a better risk trade than what they are doing now.

I just stop by Freedom on 290 on the way to either.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Call me stubborn, but as an Aggie I don't want to go to Brenham twice a year, I want to go to TWS and College Station.

Wish I were rich, then I'd just buy it and turn it into a NOLA-style complex with skidpad, drag strip, rallyx area, and a shooting range.

One word sells it for me. Hotels. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g5...as-Hotels.html Would be nice not fighting A&M for rooms.

The track maps and facility plans I have reviewed and commented on makes me feel that if the track comes to fruition, people will be asking to go there at least 3-4 times a year.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post
    One word sells it for me. Hotels. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g5...as-Hotels.html Would be nice not fighting A&M for rooms.

The track maps and facility plans I have reviewed and commented on makes me feel that if the track comes to fruition, people will be asking to go there at least 3-4 times a year.
    Next week I will have the aerial shots I can post for you.

JJ

There are plans out there to do just that and more......all it takes is the right amount of money to pry it out of the current owner's hands.....which few folks have access to.
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post

Before you invest you should look up the word: Vacancy. There are only 4 (with the worst reveiws) of the 10 hotels you listed available the weekend of TWS on Oct 10/11 which leads me to believe there aren't many available at the other hotels either. There is no availability the weekend before at any of them-and there isn't an aggie game (hint:it's something else). Now I do love me some Blue Bell? Not sure what else there is to eat there.

That being said I sure hope the track goes through regardless of what happens to TWS. I would love both of them to be operating.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24