Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible new track

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Good thing Keith verges is on there. At least he's a good lawyer that knows his stuff and can talk some sense into those people who are against the track.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I love liberal hypocrites:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Hill
    We are protecting the land that we bought with our hard earned money. We will defend that just as anyone else would in this country.

Shotguns, rifles, and tractors are all noices that we EXPECT to hear here. It's a way of life. 40 cars dumping throttles, squealing tires through turns, followed by high rpm blasts through the straights is not.

Our only choice is to fight - and to encourage the development somewhere else away from so many homes.

Farmer Dave - thanks for your reply - we are trying to be respectful as well.

This is Texas - we have been known to stand up a time or two to defend what is ours. "Come and take it"
    And the bee lady that has been "stealing" pollen from pasture land she doesn't own, and doesn't compensate the owner for.

Well the track developer is "protecting the land (he) bought with (his) hard earned money;" he's using it for a legal purpose of his choice. He DID come and take it; with a check, which anybody else could have, and if he's a true capitalist still can do.

Maybe the Wonder Hill Gang needs to pool their resources and purchase a larger tract of land they can all live in... in Utopia.

p.s. - read up on some of the DIY stuff and mods the F-car guys do... some of them are a lot more AI/CMC than you might originally think. Now where did I park that 355?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Cool... but where's the Corey line version and going CW that pond looks too reachable.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I wished they would buy land locally...... the old dirt track is rotting away and it on land that would make a great multi-use facility. The previous owner had talked about adding a drag strip to go with the dirt track and there is enough property to also add a road course.

All is for sale right now and no one to bitch and moan about it being built.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    98 - 103 dB limits it seems. Not bad, just something to pay attention to.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

In case you were wondering: Accredited Investors
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I did not even know what that meant. Still don't since I'm not reading all that shit. So not everyone can purchase a share?

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I did not even know what that meant. Still don't since I'm not reading all that shit. So not everyone can purchase a share?
    Short answer for most of us 1) million dollar net worth excluding primary residence value, 2) earnings north of $200k last two years.

Everybody else can "donate" but not invest. And if there are 46 possible weekends already booked... i think most of have already "donated" ahead of time.
    Last edited by Fbody383; 09-24-2014 at 10:23 AM. Reason: clarity and why not? got something against edits?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!