Thread: Cmc de

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cmc de

Kevin posted an idea on the national board about us getting together to do a DE outside of NASA. I think that would be a great idea. If the DE guys saw how close we run and how fast we are they may want to build a car and come race with us. We need to help build the series. If we could run in the instructor group with the Drivers Edge it would be great. Most DE'ers think they have to have a 400 hp car like a Vette of Camaro or Mustang. I remember when Jeff Burch told me he was running faster lap times in his third gen 230 hp CMC car than he was running in DE in his C5 Vette! I thought he was full of $hit. I was driving the Lightning and at the DE events I went to Jeff was one of if not the fastest guys at the event and now he is telling me he is faster in a 230 hp 3200 lb. Camaro than in the C5! Maybe we could turn a few DE guys into racers. I think it is a great idea Kevin had.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am on a waiting list for Drivers Edge for the at MSR on Sept 27-28.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    I'll be at the Driver's Edge event at MSR Houston on Oct 4th...

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Here's a list of events for the rest of the year (Not including NASA). PDS = Performance Driving School, TDE = The Drivers Edge, PCA = Porsche Club of America:
    9/20-21 -- PCA @ TWS
    9/27-28 -- PDS @ TWS
    9/27-28 -- TDE @ MSR-C
    10/4-5 -- TDE @ MSR-H
    10/25-26 -- PDS @ TWS
    11/22-23 -- TDE @ TWS
    12/6-7 -- PCA @ TWS
    12/13-14 -- PDS @ TWS
    12/13-14 -- TDE @ MSR-C
    3/28-29/2015 -- Track Guys @ TWS
    (See a full calender for 2014Here)

A few notes on the different groups:
    PCA - Never driven with them. I hear they put on an OK event, but there are a lot of poor drivers even in the upper run groups. You don't have to have a Porsche to run with them. 4 sessions/day. Register for events at www.clubregistration.net
    TDE - Driven with them once. Seemed pretty well run, but run groups seemed to be pretty crowded. If you've never driven with them before they will put an instructor in your car and have you in Blue or Yellow. I didn't have a problem with this, but some people might. 4 sessions/day. Register at www.thedriversedge.net
    PDS - Driven and instructed with them a bunch. Relaxed environment and upper run groups tend to be reasonably sized. If you have a comp license they will put you in the White run group. Up to 8 sessions/day. Register at www.clubregistration.net
    Track Guys - Instructed with them earlier this year. The main focus is Mustangs for this group, but all sorts of other cars show up as well (Camaros, Vettes etc.) This would probably be one of the better ones to show up to if we were trying to get the word out about CMC/AI/SI. Register at www.trackguys.com (Registration is not open yet). The worse thing about these guys is if you're instructing, you have two back-to-back sessions with a student.
    Chin Motorsports - Just started doing events around Texas this year. Never driven with them before. They had two events at TWS and one at MSR-H earlier this year. Their TWS events were $200 for the weekend.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Edge addicts is going to COTA at the end of the month. I really hope we have a race there in the future!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Just as an FYI, the registration for the Track Guys event at TWS March 27-29 opens tomorrow. This is two weeks after Cresson. Since it's mainly American muscle at this event, it would be a good opportunity to see if we could get a few guys out there (A/SI or CMC) and maybe get some exposure. You could also get some cheatin' bastard practice in before the April race.

http://www.trackguys.motorsportreg.com/