Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECR Prep

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

ECR Prep

I know its a ways away but thought I should let some folks know. ECR is the same weekend as the NASCAR race at TMS. So if you need a room I suggest booking it soon. I have a room at the Hampton Inn-I called them and mentioned the ECR rate and it was only $80 when online it was around $130.

It's also the day after Halloween. I have already lost on my proposal to have the kids trick/treat at the track since we live close enough to the track. Though I suggest for anyone that might bring kids on Friday to still set up a trick/treat for them. My family will be there on Saturday and will likely be in costume since the boy is going as a race car driver and my daughter is a racer girl groupie with a checkered flag.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I know its a ways away but thought I should let some folks know. ECR is the same weekend as the NASCAR race at TMS. So if you need a room I suggest booking it soon. I have a room at the Hampton Inn-I called them and mentioned the ECR rate and it was only $80 when online it was around $130.

It's also the day after Halloween. I have already lost on my proposal to have the kids trick/treat at the track since we live close enough to the track. Though I suggest for anyone that might bring kids on Friday to still set up a trick/treat for them. My family will be there on Saturday and will likely be in costume since the boy is going as a race car driver and my daughter is a racer girl groupie with a checkered flag.
    Damn BL your kid plays like a race car driver just like his daddy!

Boy you pitched that one underhanded. LOL

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Nice Jerry, very nice!!!! I almost fell out of my chair on that one. :^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Damn BL your kid plays like a race car driver just like his daddy!
    Now we just need that exchange acted out on camera for the year end video.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    I've always been grumpy about ECR falling on Halloween weekend, because I love to go out to the bars wearing my costume. The below pictures will explain why Halloween has been like a national holiday for me the past 5 years. That is a toy gun BTW.

1001443_10104016802213044_1994036663_n.jpg

389194_10150455927555337_707523502_n.jpg

Extra points if you guess which movie it's from...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I did not know how old you are I would swear you were in the Village People.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    I've always been grumpy about ECR falling on Halloween weekend, because I love to go out to the bars wearing my costume. The below pictures will explain why Halloween has been like a national holiday for me the past 5 years. That is a toy gun BTW.

hmm..now this is what Jerry calls pitching one underhanded but maybe in this case it's a reacharound

....this kind of sounds like he has been a part of the village people for the past 5 years which doesn't bother me at all and I'm fine is this is the way you want to tell us you would rather drive a miati. It's my brother in laws favorite holiday of the year, too. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/irene-...b_1034013.html

Nice cheap shot Jerry. And I was nice enough to leave out the part that I wouldn't let my kids trick or treat near the creepy old guys RV-especially after I watched the move "Prisoners" recently. Now let's see what Pranav can come back with.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post

Love that movie... Super Troopers. Meow...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Now let's see what Pranav can come back with.
    Nothing much for me to come back with. I as a kid post a picture of myself wearing a cop uniform from a popular movie, and you as an old guy first think of reach-arounds, the village people, and a rainbow holiday.

You got problems man.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    You should get Al to tell you about the Halloween party he went to dressed up as a cop. Several people had the same idea. When he said to another dressed up cop, "Hey, that looks like a real gun". The guy says, " It is, and I'm a real cop. Now turn down the music."
    Al tells it a lot better.
    The same weekend is F1 at Austin.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro