Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct TWS post race media thread.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Congrats to both Michael's for breaking the AI and CMC records in what might be the last TWS race ever... Well deserved. To Mike Patterson, I know you've been chasing that unicorn for many, many years. Coming close on Saturday was heartbreak, but catching it on Sunday I'm sure was a pinnacle event. Congrats guys.

I know that Mosty guy who broke the CMC record just got lucky. He was on 10+ heat cycle RR's, so he was actually at a handicap since they are dead after three heat cycles...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I know that Mosty guy who broke the CMC record just got lucky. He was on 10+ heat cycle RR's, so he was actually at a handicap since they are dead after three heat cycles...
    On that note my 15hc RR's felt pretty damn good on the front, the rears were stickers, I should have switched em front to back to see if it killed the balance of the car
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Still think it was Al's fault he got punted.
    You would think that the guy that brake checked you would have the decency to stay on track.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

That's the longest lasting almost-save I've ever seen! Even though I knew the outcome, I was still routing for Al in the video.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    Even though I knew the outcome, I was still routing for Al in the video.
    Now you can rout (or root) for Al even more! From the magic of silicon and tiny, tiny bits: https://vimeo.com/108965954

Viewing Note: video should be up around 9:05pm CPT 10/14/14
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Got my two videos up.

I really should've just pulled into the pits in R2, seeing how much smoke was there. I somehow thought it might get better. The straight-away proved me wrong. Good video of the contact with the SI car and Patterson, too.

R1 http://youtu.be/i0FQAfipeLw
    R2 http://youtu.be/_wSvjA5DKwg
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Oh, and the Stormtrooper sounds awesome with the exhaust flowing better.[/QUOTE]

Now it's a real race car

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    On Saturday I watched races, saw a bunch of friends, drank beer, ate hamburgers, drank Jack and Coke, watched Aussie V8 Supercars destroy a track surface, passed out, locked Michael and Reagan out of the motorhome (Sorry!) then passed out again. On Sunday I felt much better (Hungry Caterpillar joke for those who remember the book). Then I drove Sean's 3rd gen, won DE4, we talked about some things it needs but overall it is a good car, taught him how to adjust the slack in his steering gear and then watched him pass Gary and Al on the inside of turns one and two in the fourth race!!!!

Good times.
    Rob, thanks for the tips and help!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Still think it was Al's fault he got punted.
    That's a kind of offensive comment. Except I agree with it. He's on the brakes as he's swerving in front of Glenn. I doubt it was on purpose but it looks like Al did it on purpose. I don't see how it could be considered Glenn's fault. Except for the rule book thing...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Richard - No secret between me and Al about how I feel about it. He knows. He did cut down on purpose as he knew I was going to blow by him on the inside of 1. His move was to prevent that. I obviously wasn't on the brakes prior to contact like I thought. I don't think Al thought it was that close before he moved.

No big deal. I was there for fun. Sat was fun, Sunday sucked ass.