Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Thunder - 2014 Contact Issues

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    For the record can we all agree that the spelling is "patience" not "patients"?
    Thanks, that was killing me.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    My green to checker times at ECR, I wonder what another green would do to these (-1m?)
    R1 14m
    R2 10m
    R3 12m
    R4 12m
    I'll be working on that with Will. We'll leave this topic alone for a bit..

But to put it in perspective, all the race groups were cut a bit short at ECR for some reason:

Total hot laps (4 races for some groups/3 for others):
    Thunder - 24
    Blitz - 25
    Cyclone - 26
    Lightning - 19* (*red flag during race 3 ended the race on Lap 2)
    Last edited by MikeP99Z; 11-20-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    You guys prob won't have to worry about SI next year cause three of them are going bye bye to new owners elsewhere.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    You guys prob won't have to worry about SI next year cause three of them are going bye bye to new owners elsewhere.
    That's a shame, whats the story behind that?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Well they aren't sold yet but the plan is for:

Me - going AI
    Bill - going back to SM
    Corey - who knows

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    Isn't this the whole point of the debate though. If the rule were different Glenn never would have attempted this move, would not have been forced to bail to the right which resulted in a loss of traction and consequently the shot over to the left and MORE damage. Why would you have a rule that forces you to race in the dirt? This is not rally cross! You're inviting more incidents by encouraging "hail mary" moves. Maybe more penalties for forcing people into the dirt?

For the record can we all agree that the spelling is "patience" not "patients"? Autocorrect can't save you there
    Ross, the 3/4 width rule is not the issue in my opinion. The problem is a general lack of racecraft and car control to know better than to even try certain moves or take certain risks. That isn't racing, its gambling. Knowing what not to even try is the key regardless of what the rules state. If you honestly think you can pull off a move with tires in the dirt....that driver needs to reevaluate their racecraft.

That may sound a little harsh but to quote Dirty Harry. " Man has got to know his limitations."
    Ah, fugg it.

Not sure what Jack is doing yet. Could stay in SI but talking about AI with the same car. It was an AI car when we bought it won't be hard to change back still have all the go faster stuff. Pretty sure Dennis and Mike Snavely will stay in SI. Don't know about the other guy.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is a great video showing how to pass and to use patients. I closed the door on James many times (I feel I had the right to every time). Most of us could learn a bunch about passing and patients from watching James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2T-0I0vY7Q

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Don't dig too deep.. you will find all the bad mistakes too.

In that race, I was little aggressive in the fist lap and that is why I went off track. I think Wade was on my inside and I was trying to pass on the outside and we were running out of room, so I bailed off track to avoid any contact.

Jerry.. I never had an issue at all with you. We joked and cut up afterwards about how I couldn't quite get next to you where I wanted to be most of that race. Good fun.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Don't dig too deep.. you will find all the bad mistakes too.

In that race, I was little aggressive in the fist lap and that is why I went off track. I think Wade was on my inside and I was trying to pass on the outside and we were running out of room, so I bailed off track to avoid any contact.

Jerry.. I never had an issue at all with you. We joked and cut up afterwards about how I couldn't quite get next to you where I wanted to be most of that race. Good fun.
    Good fun for sure but you showed great patients getting around Gary and I. Sometimes you can't pass another driver in a few corners or even a few laps even if you are way faster than they are. I think this video could be used to show how to do it right.

JJ