Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pairity Progress!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Having spent time in both Mustangs and Camaros, I feel that each car has its good points and bad points. However, the cars that win a lot of races and set fast lap times are the ones that have been tuned and developed either over years and years or have benefitted from setup help from a known or good tuner. Those same cars have drivers that have a lot of seat time and race experience. Those same winning cars are reliable and complete their races when not involved in on-track incidents. I don't see any particular parity problems from where I sit right now.

If you want to make the car and driver combination an issue, then you could have event to event adjustments like adding weight to the top qualifiers or something like that. But I don't recommend that.

On the other hand - we should make rule changes that favor 1994-1995 Mustangs with old-school 5.0 engines and old drivers who might be a bit rusty.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Having spent time in both Mustangs and Camaros, I feel that each car has its good points and bad points. However, the cars that win a lot of races and set fast lap times are the ones that have been tuned and developed either over years and years or have benefitted from setup help from a known or good tuner. Those same cars have drivers that have a lot of seat time and race experience. Those same winning cars are reliable and complete their races when not involved in on-track incidents. I don't see any particular parity problems from where I sit right now.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Don't dig it up if it's not already in your data, but do you also have the qual stats and individual race fast lap times?

Yes; we'd be talking about the third gen/LT1 combo.
    I have not pulled that data yet.
    About 2-weeks ago I got curious my fast laps vs the fast laps of the event and I made a spreadsheet of the last 4 years my fast lap, event fast lap, and current track record for that track.

It is interesting to see what the lap times have done at the various tracks over the years.
    MSRH both directions and Hallett have had virtually no change.
    Lap times at Cresson have slowly dropped every year.
    TWS both directions and ECR have had some massive drops over the last few years.

I'll try to get the list posted, not sure how the formatting is going to look though.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region